Jeff State Summer 2010 Hopefuls.....Register Today!
- by alarn84 Mar 10, '10Has anybody applied for the Summer semester @ Jeff State???
- Mar 15, '10 by chelseymoniHey, how are you? I applied and was accepted. what about you?
- Mar 16, '10 by bama127I am in, and I will be at the Shelby campus. Congrats chelseymoni!
- Mar 16, '10 by chelseymoniCongrats to you too!
- Mar 22, '10 by chelseymoniI'm at the Carson Campus too. I'm nervous myself.I'm quite sure it's gonna be very intense. I've been reading up on dosage and calculations.
- Mar 29, '10 by Y-Chromo_nurse2bI am currently taking pre-reques at Shelby. I heard it is very tough to get accepted. Such as all "A"s in AP 1 & 2 and microbiology. What grades & courses did you have when you got accepted?
- Mar 31, '10 by chelseymoniI had AP 1,2, and micro.Got A's in all.It is tough to get in but if they keep the point system going, as long as your in the mid 190's range you should be fine...along with a good GPA
- Apr 29, '10 by RNdiscipulusI am applying for the Fall 2010 at the Shelby Campus...I have a question that is probably dumb...I went in and met with the advisor...she marked me down with my "A" in BIO103, an "A" in A&P1, and an "A" in MA110 (finite)...then she was able to use my "A" in MA110 again for my points in the math section...I ended up making a 99 on the Compass test...this gave me 200/ 200 points...does it matter which courses they use in your categories to get your points? I just didn't know if it matter which courses I took to compile these scores or not...I assume that having a 200 makes me competitive? I haven't a clue as to how all this works, but I am just trying to learn. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- Apr 29, '10 by Y-Chromo_nurse2bbthomas6,
A 200/200 is the best you can get. Last semester the cutoff was around 186. I'm not sure if you will have to complete A & P 2 and Microbiology (Bio 220) before you can start the program.
As it was explained to me math is especially important, so it is given the extra weight.
Great job on getting an 'A' in A & P 1. http://img.an-file.info/smilies/yeah.gif How is Mth 110? I'll be taking Mth during the May mini-semester.