fourty and applying to nursing schoolRegister Today!
- by chandani430 Nov 21, '11I'm 40 and will be applying in May to Jefferson State's Shelby campus for Fall 2012. I was wondering if anyone else my age or older was also applying to nursing school.
- Nov 22, '11 by busymom35Quote from chandani430Hi I am 44 and attend Jeff state. I was accepted into the Fall program but came down with a very bad case of pneumonia and had to withdraw. But I am happy to say that I was accepted for the spring term. I will be 46 when I am finished with the nursing program. Being a nurse has always been my dream but I have 3 children and decided that they came first. Now that two of them are grown and my youngest one is 15 , I am pursuing my dream. Sometime I think I have to work a little harder than my younger classmates but I have definitely hung in there. Good luck to you!!!!I'm 40 and will be applying in May to Jefferson State's Shelby campus for Fall 2012. I was wondering if anyone else my age or older was also applying to nursing school.
- Nov 28, '11 by redstepchildIm 36. You may want to get an NCLEX/ RN book that is an easy read and start studying early. The stuff get's thrown at you fairly quickly. You can learn right then or prelearn.
That is what I have been doing, just reading and studying certain things until they make sense and I retain them. I've got 18 months left until graduation and I try to study "ahead".
- Nov 29, '11 by applewhiternLots of older people go to nursing school. Look at it this way, you are going to be even older, so why not get older as a nurse? If you go the ADN route, you will only be 42 or 43, or the BSN, you will be maybe 44 or 45? You will eventually be that age anyway, so be that age as a nurse!
- May 5, '12 by kngsbardI'm 36 and hope to be start the nursing program at the Jefferson campus Fall 2012. I don't think we'll be that out of place.