Visa screens?? Australian nurse wanting to work in USA - Page 7Register Today!
- May 9, '11 by Silverdragon102Quote from nursejojoE3 requires you to be an Australian citizen so until you get that you can't apply to go this routehi ghillbert, we are a british couple, both rn's for 4 years, currently in oz on 457 visa. I have compl,eted hours in all required fields to enable me to sit NCLEX. just about to apply for CES and then vermont BON. Have a job offer in AZ for when I eventually pass NCLEX. am i going in the right direction/process with this and how long should this take??? Will I be on an E3 visa???? will my husband be able to work??
- Aug 14, '12 by ShanibHi all!
I graduated from Latrobe University in Australia and is now in the States. I have the same problem as most of you - not having the course work in paediatrics, obstetrics (and even physics, chemistry and microbiology!). My application was denied because of this. Does anyone know if the department of health approves doing short courses for just these subjects? I'm really distraught
- Aug 23, '12 by Sezza83Hi shanib. Deakin uni in melbourne offer individual units in paeds & obs that you can do by distance education. You'd have to do the clinicals in Australia though. But I think it would still be cheaper to pay for the subjects & a return flight then do them at a USA college.
- Aug 23, '12 by Silverdragon102Quote from Sezza83Best they check with the state BON that it is accepted, someone posted recently that CA stopped accepting DeakinHi shanib. Deakin uni in melbourne offer individual units in paeds & obs that you can do by distance education. You'd have to do the clinicals in Australia though. But I think it would still be cheaper to pay for the subjects & a return flight then do them at a USA college.
- Aug 30, '12 by ShanibThanks a lot!! Appreciate your feedback. I'll check out Deakin. My husband and I might relocate to CA in a few years so I'll check with the DOH. Gosh it's really frustrating. I was thinking of just doing an Associate degree at a community collage and getting my RN. I'll be in touch. Thanks again everyone!