US RN to work in UK US RN to work in UK | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

US RN to work in UK

  1. 0 Hi all fellow nurses on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.
    I've been an RN really for a while. Originally from Europe (no, NOT the UK), then Canada (Ontario) and since 1991 US (Texas with Compact RN license).
    I got a very nice offer from the UK, but their Board (NMC) is not happy with working with my US license (besides it's more expensive).
    They suggested, I should go back to my county of original license and start from there. To get back my license in my country, I need probably to go there and maybe work for few months.
    Any advice, how could I get the UK RN license from HERE (US, I mean)?
    Texas or Alaska size thank you in advance.
  2. 1 Comments

  3. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    #1 1
    Why are they not happy with your US license if you trained within the EU?

    With what you have written I can see no reason for problems. Can you not get licensed back in your home country without having to work there?