US LPN (current BSN bridge student) wanting to immigrate to Canada

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I am currently an LPN in the United States. I am a Purdue student bridging my LPN to a BSN. I am looking to immigrate to Canada to be with family. I was wondering if anyone could give advice on the best way to proceed. I know I need to sit for my boards in Ontario however more specifically would it be easier to A) find an employer and then have them assist with immigration or B) just apply under a family status and have a lawyer complete the paperwork? Also if anyone could give me a contact number to the nursing authorities in Canada I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thank you in advance
  2. Visit mringerc profile page

    About mringerc

    Joined: Sep '12; Posts: 2
    LPN; from US
    Specialty: 6 year(s) of experience in long term care, rehab, homehealth


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    There is a list of the provincial colleges in the Canadian forum at the bottom of the page.

    There are a lot of different routes to get to Canada and all are mentioned on the CIC website. FSW is capped and not due until the new year and nurses may be on it however you are required to have a minimum of 12 months experience. Either way you do not need a lawyer to fill out any paperwork, paperwork is on the CIC website along with clear instructions