Suzane Re: Vermont Board of NursingRegister Today!
- by mtreyes Apr 5, '06I applied for NCLEX via the Vermont Board of Nursing. Do they issue the license card even if you have no SS number yet?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=151980©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,809 Views
- Apr 5, '06 by suzanne4Yes, but it takes about a month for them to issue it. So it is not the fastest in some ways.
Depends on why you are going that route.
- Aug 6, '06 by kubo888Hi Suzanne, ive been surfing allnurses.com for a while now and i must say you have been a very gracious and generous friend to people who needed help in this site. I for one need help along with my brother on whose behalf im posting these inquiries. he just passed the philippine board exams this year and he is about to enroll in an IELTS class this week. After passing IELTS hopefully, he wants to review for an NCLEX exam in Hongkong so we got an application from the Maryland State BON to get an ATT for the NCLEX exam. Unfortunately, the state requires a CGFNS certification. Something that we hoped he wouldn't have to go through since it will take
time. He wants to visit the U.S. after passing the IELTS and NCLEX exams and scout for potential hospital employers here in Maryland or New York or VA since our parents live in VA. He toured the U.S. 4 years ago and he can visit anytime again. Do you think there is a way for us to accomplish want we want in the shortest time possible? Do you think we would end up having no choice but to pay a recruitment agency in the philippines to help us? we would appreciate so much if you can find time to advise us on this.
Thank you and best wishes...
- Aug 6, '06 by suzanne4Thread moved to International Forum, where questions for working in the US are going to.
Now, for your dilemma. Maryland also requires the TOEFL exam before they will permit him to sit for the NCLEX exam. NY requires the CVS to be done before they will even look at the application.
The shortest time possible would be to go for licensure in Vermont, but it does not sound like he is ready to sit for the exam yet. Vermont only has a short window compared to some other facilities.
I would start first with where he really wants to work. Maryland will permit him to endorse without having the CGFNS exam, at least they have in the past. Not sure what they are doing now. But first, I would focus on where he wants to work, pick one place, as each state is different.
- Aug 7, '06 by StarbeeHi Suzanne, What is the language exam required by Vermont BON? Is it IELTS or TOEFL? I appeciate your response. Thanks
- Aug 7, '06 by kubo888test again...Last edit by kubo888 on Aug 7, '06
- Aug 7, '06 by Tuy Nursemay i know from you guys if its advisable to apply to 2 BONs and do nclex on whoever will give you the faster eligiliblity. i don't mind spending, i just want a speedy process. thanks!!!
- Aug 7, '06 by suzanne4Quote from StarbeeVermont does not have a language requirement. Most states do not.Hi Suzanne, What is the language exam required by Vermont BON? Is it IELTS or TOEFL? I appeciate your response. Thanks
- Aug 7, '06 by suzanne4Quote from Tuy NurseWhy?may i know from you guys if its advisable to apply to 2 BONs and do nclex on whoever will give you the faster eligiliblity. i don't mind spending, i just want a speedy process. thanks!!!
How is it going to speed up anything for you?
Makes no sense to me................
You pick a state first based on where you wish to work, then work from that angle. If the state where you fianlly wish to work has requirements, skipping them in the beginning will not save you any time at all. And can actually make the process extra long for you.
- Aug 8, '06 by onegaby_hartQuote from Tuy Nursemay i know from you guys if its advisable to apply to 2 BONs and do nclex on whoever will give you the faster eligiliblity. i don't mind spending, i just want a speedy process. thanks!!!
...what i know is you only have to apply to 1 BON, otherwise your going to have a problem...they will know if you apply to other BON...and it will cause delay..