Suzane Re: Vermont Board of Nursing - page 4

I applied for NCLEX via the Vermont Board of Nursing. Do they issue the license card even if you have no SS number yet?... Read More

  1. by   Silverdragon102
    Quote from Antigone
    I am thinking of applying to NM or Vermont for NCLEX and just apply for reciprocity after passing. Is this a sound decision?

    I have just finished nursing and most of my friends are applying in California
    There is no such thing as reciprocity You have to follow instructions for endorsement but bare in mind as a foriegn trained nurse you may have to get CES if not already done or if endorcing to NY CVS. It all depends on where you want to work, with retrogression going on at the moment depending on which state you want to work it may just be worth applying to that state. Where do you want to work?
  2. by   Antigone
    I want to work in New York, NJ, or Philadelphia or maybe Texas.
  3. by   Silverdragon102
    if you want to work NY then you have to CVS (even to endorse) so better to do it for initial application. I think the rest need CES. Probably better to apply to state you want to work and just follow their requirements for foriegn trained nurse
  4. by   vitrectomy
    HI, I've been working here in England for the last 7 years now. Do I still need to renew my Philippine license to apply in Vermont Board of Nursing?