CGFNS didn't show my Geriatric Clinical Hours. What to do?Register Today!
- by trtls May 12, '11Good day to everyone,
I received a letter from the B.O.N. of Texas saying that I didn't have my clinical hours listed in the CES report that I requested from CGFNS. When I took a closer look it indeed didn't have my clinical hours listed.
Is there anyway to fix this? I mean, I have submitted my TOR to CGFNS and it was complete. I don't know what to do, I don't want to wait another 2 months for them to finish another report. Plus it says in the CES report that I have met all the requirements ( or at least the status says so).
Has anyone encountered this kind of problem? And how did you solve it?
Thank you and any kind of help would be appreciated.
- May 12, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum
Do you know what your transcripts state?
You may need to get in touch with your nursing school and ensure that clinical hours was documented. Haven't known Elderly hours was required by the BON usually it is Adult, Paeds, Obstetrics and Mental Health
- May 12, '11 by trtlsThank you for moving my thread, and I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section.
My transcripts were dated December 2010. I have adult, children, infant, maternal, psychiatric and community health clinical hours.
I will try to get in touch with them ASAP. This just took me by surprise, I didn't expect anything like this to happen.
- May 12, '11 by Silverdragon102May also be worth discussing this with the BON and see what they require you to do
- May 12, '11 by trtlsIt says in the letter that I must complete the hours and submit proof to CGFNS and have them re-evaluate and resubmit the report.
Sigh. This will take a couple more months. Its very frustrating.
- Jun 27, '11 by CutiePie1Hello,
I am a Registered Nurse of Nepal and facing same problem (geriatric clinical hours) right now, Do you get your problem fixed? How do you do that ? Please suggest me....
- Jan 12, '12 by brook11hi cutiepie1,
I am also a RN from Nepal. I am also planning to apply BON TX ....
if u have some idea pls share me what was the problems we have to
encounter to get registration.
Thank you !
- Jan 26, '12 by nirjIn which state did you apply? I m applying from Kansas BON and am quite sure that my nursing school hasn't listed the geriatric hours so totally stressed out what the CES report would likely be. also the thing you said that CES report said you hv met all requirement has calmed me a little.please inform what you did next!
- Jan 26, '12 by brook11Hi Nirj
Hope u r also from Nepal. R u PCL nursing or bachelor?
I am planning to apply to TX board but not sure what will be
the result of CES ?
hope everything will be fine.
hav a good luck !
- Jan 28, '12 by nirjHi Sharmi,
yeah I am I completed my Bsc.
Have you already ordered CES? This whole credentials evaluation process is driving me crazy. haven't started studying seriously...ufff
good luck to you too.