I plan to move to Australia and work for maybe 1-2 years, the reason is because as a new grad I can not find any jobs here in California (they want experienced nurses) unfortunately it is very competitive for new grads at the moment. I've heard Australia hires a lot of new nurses because of your shortage, so I hope to gather a lot of experience from Australia, so that when I come back to California my chances of getting hired are much greater. In the meantime, I have come up with some questions which I hope some of you can answer:
1. What is the process I have to go through in order to be registered to work there and how long will it take?
2. What is the starting rate for New grad RN's?
3. Are there any hospitals in Australia that are affiliated with hospitals in California?
4. Is this a wise decision regarding my career path?
5. How good/bad are the chances of getting hired as a New Grad RN?
6. What is your advice and tips?
This will be a huge change for me, but I am very excited and willing to make it work, housing will not be an issue because I have a lot of family down there.
Thank you in Advance