Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Jan 18 by KoKeHannah & jb30-
How were your interviews? Was it more of a casual conversation or grilling you with questions? Did they ask you any questions that you did not expect? Did they give you an idea of when you would hear back with an admission decision!
- Jan 18 by hannahzpI think mine went pretty well but I was definitely nervous the whole time. I'm relieved its over but of course keep thinking of things I could have or should have said. She said decision letters go out early march.
- Jan 19 by jb30I think mine went alright. It was pretty casual. They didn't ask any crazy questions or anything that I wasn't expecting. They asked questions that you would pretty much expect to hear at any graduate school interview. As hindsight is 20/20, I of course thought of things I wished I had said after the interview was over, but what can you do. I'm sure the interview is just a portion of what they are looking for in determining who to accept as our essays and academic performance give them a good picture of who we are and if we are a good fit for their program. My advice for the interview would be just be yourself and have fun with it. There's really nothing you can do to prepare. You know why you are applying and what you want from the program, so be confident and let them know. They said that decisions would be sent out the first two weeks of March. Good luck to everyone.
- Jan 19 by ash8788I'm sure you both did great You must be happy to have it done and over with!
Got my interview email yesterday! It's scheduled for the 23rd. Just out of curiosity, the PMHNP program director is one of the people interviewing me. Was that the case for both of you Hannah and jb? I'm wondering if everyone has the same people interviewing them or if they switch it up.
- Jan 19 by hannahzpMine was two faculty members, not the director. Good luck with yours, let us know how it goes!
- Jan 21 by KoKeI just had my interview today with 2 professors! I think it went well. They asked me 3 or 4 questions that they said they ask all applicants. Then they asked if I had any questions. It was a pretty short phone interview (~20 minutes). I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. They said they will send out admissions decisions the first week of march.
- Jan 21 by jasonmstone82Wish you all the best of luck with your interviews!
- Jan 23 by sarahdukieJust got my email to interview on Monday! Relieved Anyone else on the West Coast?
- Jan 23 by hannahzpYay Sarah! Yup I'm in California.
- Jan 25 by ash8788Congrats Sarah! I just had mine on Wednesday, I think it went well! It's pretty relaxed. I'm glad to have it out of the way. They highly suggested coming to the open house which is March 2nd... so I'm thinking I will be planning a trip! Exciting Is anyone else thinking about going?