Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 14Register Today!
- Feb 12 by KoKeWhen do we find out our admission decision? Where are you guys checking your application status online? I applied on paper and mailed in my application.
- Feb 12 by sarahdukieCongrats on the scholarship, Ash!! That’s awesome. From what I’ve heard, many people end up having to put down multiple deposits if they want their options to remain open while waiting for other schools. I won’t even find out if I am in at Seattle U until April, so I’ll definitely be putting a deposit in to Vandy if I get in! It stinks that sometimes money gets lost that way, but its worth it if you are truly undecided, when you consider what a major life decision it is, and what a drop in the bucket a deposit is compared to all the debt we will take on! It does appear that scholarship opportunities at Vandy are scant—1 merit (gpa and gre) scholarship for all of pre-specialty students. If Vandy is really where you want to be though, I’d look into the NHSC scholarship program—it is a full scholarship with stipend for students who agree to work for 2 years in an under-served area upon graduation. That’s what I’m hoping for, anyway!=)
- Feb 12 by sarahdukieWhoops, plus Vandy's website says all students get a 3,300 scholarship to cover books. Otherwise, a handful of little scholarships, and then the 1 full ride =)
- Feb 12 by hi616KoKe,
I'm pretty sure the timing of the admission decision will depend on the specialty you applied for. But definitely no later than mid-March you should hear something. You will definitely receive something in the mail according to the person I interviewed with.
- Feb 12 by jasonmstone82I had my FNP interview today as well. I thought it went really well and I am anxiously awaiting a decision. I was told of a potential clinical site that Vandy partners with that lines up perfectly with my long term goals. I was told to expect a letter in the mail in the next few weeks. Now whenever I go to the mailbox I am going to have butterflies in my stomach!Last edit by jasonmstone82 on Feb 12 : Reason: words had to be deleted
- Feb 12 by hi616Jason-
Did your interviewer tell you she didn't think we would be notified by email at all? She wasn't completely sure though. If this is the case I'm a bit surprised. Glad the interview went well for you too
- Feb 12 by jasonmstone82I asked if I would receive a decision via email, and she responded that I would get my decision via snail mail.
- Feb 13 by bbccIt looks like last year's applicants received a letter in the mail, no e-mail. I wish we'd get both, I don't trust my post office!!
- Feb 13 by hi616Haha yeah I don't trust that my mailman won't mistakenly put my letter in one of my neighbors mailboxes because it happens all the time already.
- Feb 13 by KoKeI really don't trust my mailman because I have yet to get the financial aid packet