Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Feb 6 by hannahzpThanks Sarah! Congrats to you too! I definitely want to wait and hear from Vanderbilt though. I'm a little worried about the timing of it all.
- Feb 7 by simmapleaseI got my financial aid "packet" too. Just 2 sheets of paper and one saying that I will get more financial aid info sent to my email. I guess they encourage everybody to have their FAFSA done and out of the way before we find out if we're admitted. I completed my FAFSA a few days ago. I always fill it out as soon as I've finished filing my tax return.
The tone of the financial aid packet seemed like they want us to start getting used to the fact that Vandy is so expensive, so it's probably better to start considering the financial aspect ASAP. I know that I have to make sure that I have all my financial aid figured out before I find out if I get in, because if I'm accepted and have to pay my admission deposit I want to know if I can definitely afford to attend there.
Congrats to those of you that got into Columbia!!!
- Feb 7 by oau3Hi all! I also am having a hard time trying to figure out if and how I will visit for the open house. I applied and interviewed for PMHNP, and am seriously hoping to get into VUSN! I found out yesterday and today that I got accepted into the PMHNP direct entry programs at Columbia and MGH, and am obviously very happy about both of those, but am feeling a little stressed about timing now.
Just wanted to introduce myself and see how anyone else is navigating these decision deadlines and/or the visiting weekend.
- Feb 7 by incherCongrats Sarahdukie, Hannahzp and oau3!
- Thank you! I'm also not sure what to do about visiting Vanderbilt. I know if I have to choose between Columbia and Vanderbilt I'd definitely like to see both schools and learn more about the programs before deciding.
- Can someone tell me where I can find the information about the visiting day in March?
- Feb 7 by worth11Hannah, I think you should be able to find the info you're looking for here: MSN and Doctoral Open House | Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
Hope this helps!
- Feb 7 by sarahdukieHey Hannah,
I don't think I'm going to be able to get time off to visit both, so if you can't make Vandy I can give you a full report and vice versa! =) I'm trying to get a sense of the cost difference between Vanderbilt and Columbia--Columbia offers a scholarship to most students, but the cost of living in NYC is so high I think total costs are still going to surpass Vandy!
- Hey Sarah,Sounds like a plan! I'm pretty sure I'm going to Columbia's but not certain about Vanderbilt. I'll make sure to take notes and report back!