Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - page 5
by blackbird singing 93,885 Views | 452 Comments
Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012. Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for... Read More
- 0Dec 8, '11 by dlynn25Hey everyone! I applied at the end of November for the direct entry msn program for non-nurse majors. Anyone else apply to that program? Also, has anyone gotten notification that their application is complete? I received an email that they would notify me when it was complete (gre scores received, transcript, etc). I have not heard anything though and didn't know if I should be concern. When I log on to my application profile, it says it is ready for review. I'm so anxious!! I hope I get in.
- 0Dec 30, '11 by prooxfordcommaHey dlynn25, they didn't let me know either! Their website said my transcripts were missing. At one point, I saw something that said don't send transcripts, but at another time, they said you have to send them. I sent them, but the website said they had not arrived. I called them, and they're really nice in the admissions office and will help you out, and as it turned out, they had arrived. Where else did you apply?? I applied to Columbia, Boston, Virginia Commonwealth, and Seattle. I can't decide if Columbia, Boston, or Vanderbilt is my first choice though...
- 0Dec 30, '11 by silverbelle2nurse1: I went to the open house last spring and they said that several specialties were not filled and it was not uncommon to continue to fill slots into the early summer....apply, it is still early!
I am going to apply this week for the ACNP long distance program....anyone else????
- 0Jan 1, '12 by Les37043Hi all! I did not read all posts but wanted to give my input since I am currently in the WHNP distance program at Vandy. I started last August. My GRE scores were not great but I do have 17 years of nursing experience. I don't know how hard it is to get in if you don't have experience. The fact that I am a distance student also helped because I arrange my own preceptor (which they had to approve). Good luck to all. I am really enjoying the program. Yes, it is a lot of work, and a lot of money but....
- 0Jan 19, '12 by jordansHey ya'll! I am also wondering if anyone has received an interview notice yet? I applied to the PMHNP as well and I know that it was around this exact time last year that the first interviews were done. I got a confirmation email that my file was sent for review about a month ago. I am a direct entry I guess, I have a BSN already. Anyone have any updates?