Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - Page 44Register Today!
- Mar 24, '12 by bruins2012@Barbaraleev I'm waitlisted for ACNP, and called admissions last week. They said as of March 20th, there had been no movement off of the waitlist for ACNP specialty, but there might be for others!
- Mar 25, '12 by want2go2nursingskoolHi! Congrats on getting in! I'm on the waitlist
I'm an Lab Tech for UCLA, so I can really only speak for the nurses at UCLA and California. I want to go into the ACNP prespecialty program because in the ICU/ER/OR the nurse practitioners are for the most part ACNPs. There are a few FNPs but they work mostly down in the ER. Also California has a lot of the clinical nurse specialists in the hospitals with the NPs working in their own practices or with another dr. NPs in California don't work under the doctor like they do in other states (which is why California is not PA friendly--in fact they are paid dramatically lower than NPs in hospital settings)
I think it will depend where you want to work--the state, hospital or clinic, dr office?
Personally I can't stand children, so there is no way on Earth I'd ever want an FNP. I thought about an ANP, but I'd much rather be in an acute setting than a clinic.
Hope that helps!
- Apr 6, '12 by 2nurse1has anyone heard anything yet?
- Apr 6, '12 by mrvlegovI got an email saying they were too full to look at my application last committee meeting so it won't be reviewed until April 11th. I guess because I applied for the ENP program, it has to be reviewed by two different boards (ACNP and FNP). I am pretty discouraged at this point!
- Apr 7, '12 by silverbelleIs everyone finding the new student info ok..? I happened to stumble across it but maybe I had not looking in the right place to begin with on the VUSN website......
- Apr 9, '12 by 2nurse1i just called and my files still in review since late march. unfortunately it seems that all of the spots are filled and the only good news now would be being wait listed :/ and i think she also mentioned that theres been no movement on the wait list either
- Apr 10, '12 by mrvlegovGot my letter today. Was not admitted I applied for the ENP program so I don't know why. My GPA is good by my GRE scores were bad. I am hoping to find out if I wasn't admitted because the program was full or if it would help to retake my GRE or what.
- Apr 11, '12 by 2nurse1aww i'm sorry! thats so weird how they told you your file wouldn't be reviewed till the 11th...tomorrow and yet you received your letter today.
- Apr 11, '12 by mellzie22Hi everyone,
I just declined my space in the FNP program for a PNP spot at another program. Good luck to everyone still waiting or on the wait list!
- Apr 12, '12 by Punkers@silverbelle - I spoke to the school and the new student page is underconstruction and as soon as it has been updated there will be a link from the homepage. Currently it is under "Quick Links" - "New Students".