Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - page 43
by blackbird singing 93,961 Views | 452 Comments
Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012. Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for... Read More
- 0Mar 21, '12 by 2nurse1ugh, i also applied in early february and havent heard anything. i called last week and they told me they were still reviewing jan applicants but considering, want2go2nursingskool i guess thats not the case. at this point i prob got rejected since i got rejected at two other schools. did anyone not receive an email saying your files under review and still receive an admittance? i haven't received that email yet. good luck to those still waiting!
- 0I received an email saying my my application was under review towards the end of Feb. They also said it was their spring break and they would not be meeting again until the 21st of March. I emailed 2 of the ladies that were emailed me and received an automatic response saying they are out of the office until March 26th. So, maybe they just aren't around? Are you already an RN 2nurse1? Which speciality did you apply for?
- 0Mar 21, '12 by 2nurse1ooh probably the only time when i wish there wasn't a spring break lols. i'm actually pre specialty and i applied for womens health. when i called they said there were plenty of spots left but that was when the lady was referring to the thousands of applicants that submitted their app in jan :/ since they're out of the office till the 26th would it be pointless to call tomorrow? i really hate calling and bothering them.
- 0Well, I got this email today: I thought it was nice that she wrote back even though she's not in the office. Ugh! Still waiting! I don't know if going before 2 review boards is a good thing or a bad thing. It feels like a bad thing! I don't know how many people applied for that speciality or how many openings there are. I wish I knew if I even had a chance! Also, I called yesterday and all they could tell me was that my application was under review.
Your file didn’t go to the committee today so I am following up with the ENP program faculty. I will be out of the office until Monday but will let you know as soon as I know the status of your application. It is reviewed by both the FNP and ACNP faculty groups which takes additional time. I understand that if feels like a long wait.
- 0Mar 23, '12 by KatherinedHi all-
Just started "stalking" this thread recently. I applied to Vanderbilt's FNP program early decision on December 1st. In February i received an email from them stating that my goals were better fit to pediatrics. This statement is true, i do intend to work with children. They asked if i would like to revise my goal statement of if i would like to be transferred for consideration into Pediatrics. I told them i would like to be considered for pediatrics and was informed this week that i had been accepted.
This whole situation has me a bit confused and i wonder if anyone could lend some advice or knowledge...
1. How hard is it to change specialties?
2. How long does it take to get additional specialties?
3. Is it difficult to work in pediatrics with an FNP degree? The reason i chose family originally was because of my belief that it would be less limiting then a pediatric degree and would allow me freedom throughout my career. Is this true?
4. As a general rule, how do reputable hospitals feel about accelerated degrees?
I'm still waiting to hear from the University of Washington, i was wait listed at OHSU. Also, i'm from the Seattle Area.... as it seems quite a few people on here are. COOL!
Thanks!Last edit by Katherined on Mar 23, '12