Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - Page 41Register Today!
- Mar 6, '12 by sprint880324congrats mellzie22, hope to see you in the fall!
On another note, I was wondering if anyone had asked at the open house or through any other correspondence with the staff at Vandy if a lot of pre-specialty students work part time as RNs after the first year while they do their clinicals in their home state? I know it would be only a year of experience as an RN but working would put me more at ease with the financial aspect of the program and gaining experience. Let me know if you know/heard of anything...thanks!
- Mar 7, '12 by mellzie22@sprint880324, I am interested to know the answer to that as well. I hope it is an option, as I think working part-time will help offset some of the substantial cost.
- Mar 7, '12 by TNnursehopefulI have the same concern, I'm hoping to work at least part time!
- Mar 7, '12 by bluskyyfor those dual FNP/CNM hopefuls out there, i just want to let you know that i will not be accepting Vandy's offer (even though it's a great program). best of luck to whomever will get it.
- Mar 7, '12 by BarbaraleevThanks for the update bluskyy! Good luck with your future plans
- Mar 8, '12 by danceluver@bluskyy: May I ask why you are giving up your spot? Feel free to message me here!
- Mar 8, '12 by alpattonHey!! New here. Waiting on an acceptance letter for the FNP track as an RN. I wanted to comment to people who considered switching their speciality from FNP to Peds. At one time I was accepted to Peds and withdrew because of job availability. Besides at Vanderbilt, I wasn't really finding PNP jobs anywhere I was interested in living. I know with FNP I could still do peds. I work at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and have for the past 2 1/2 years. My nurse practitioner I see was an adult speciality, then had to go back to get her FNP because she couldn't find a job for ANP. I'm so nervous. I know I'm accepted into another program if this doesn't work out, and I also know it's more expensive. Good luck to everyone!
- Mar 9, '12 by hbcrd10I am in for FNP pre-specialty! I am excited to meet everyone!!!
- Mar 9, '12 by Soccer wolf 30I found out through strange coincidentally that I was accepted for the adult nurse prac trac yesterday...is anyone else worried about financing this education? I already have a masters...so you can figure I've got student loan debt...congratulations and hopefully, see you soon. I requested to be part of the facebook group Bobbie jo