UC online FNP program
- 0Jun 3, '11 by evansc1I was recently accepted into the university of cincinnati online FNP program. Is anyone else going through UC's online program? I am excited to start but there is always the fear of the unknown!
- 5,449 Visits
- 0Jun 11, '11 by evansc1Hey! It took about 3-4 weeks. I was accepted into winter 2012 (January) but since a seat became open for June 20, so I'll be starting in over a week! Their enrollment advisors and staff seem nice but their financial aid dept was rude!! I explained that I was supposed to start in winter, got moved to June and was trying to get my loans and stuff ironed out. They got it all done but they are hard to contact and not the most pleasant. Overall admission process was great. They'll send you acceptance via email. I'm doing distance learning. Is that what you applied for?
- 0Jun 20, '11 by StudentAPRNinFLCongrats evansc1!!
It looks like there have been a few other discussions about UC's online programs and I have applied for the Spring ANP program beginning in Jan 2012 (submitted my app the last week in May), and as others have stated in several threads, I'm a bit nervous about finding my own preceptor. I thought about going my local FL department of health out patient clinic, has anybody done this with success? Can anybody share who they have asked and been successful with?
In addition, how long does it take to get your acceptance or denial letter? The admissions counselor said it could take up to 12 weeks?
I really appreciate any and all responses!
- 0Jun 24, '11 by LexingtonDialysisBSN, I was told by the admissions counselor that it would be approximately 3 weeks before I would hear anything. Hopefully, you will be hearing some news soon. Do you work in a hospital? I just asked several NP's at my hospital if they would precept me. They have all been really helpful and agreed to help in any way they can. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
- 0Jun 5, '12 by ChubbyNDRNevansc1: Hi there! I'm desperately trying to find someone who is currently in the UC MSN program. I"ll be starting their online FNP this August, and wanted to gain some insight to how school and work will balance, along with the preceptor challenge. Any help will greatly be appreciated! Thanks!
- 0Sep 20, '12 by saracarver3Quote from ChubbyNDRNDo you still need help/advice? I am in the program and am on my 2nd term of clinicals set to graduate April 2013. I have positive and negative to say so if you still want info let me know. I am new to this forum so I am not sure if I will be messaged or if I have to come back to the same board to find replies.evansc1: Hi there! I'm desperately trying to find someone who is currently in the UC MSN program. I"ll be starting their online FNP this August, and wanted to gain some insight to how school and work will balance, along with the preceptor challenge. Any help will greatly be appreciated! Thanks!