NP's at Walgreen's, and CVS clinics?Register Today!
- by btlrcthy Jan 19, '11Does anyone know what the responsibilities, salary, autonomy, and requirements are to work in the retail pharmacies outpatient clinics? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
- 2,960 Views
- Jan 19, '11 by traumaRUsi'm friends with the area manager of the Take Care Clinics in my ares. the requirements:
Usually some type of ER/Urgent Care experience
$50/hour in my area
- Jan 22, '11 by jahraMy experience as a patient is that their scope of practice is
very limited. My family practice MD hit the roof when they
did not treat a common complaint that his NPs treat routinely.
My sense is that their clinics are covered by one MD who is not
necessarily located in the same state as the clinics.
If you are looking to us all of your skills as an NP you might
be disappointed in the limited role some of these opportunities provide.
- Jan 22, '11 by traumaRUsThese clinics are not designed to provide primary care or even manage chronic conditions. My husband went to one with an earache and our experience was fine. However my husband is a very healthy guy.
I would never tell my dialysis pts to use one.
- Feb 9, '11 by lowrylbI think they are fine. I do know that here in Oklahoma some of those clinics have a very limited scope of practice guidelines. Bascially for everything there are guidelines you have to follow very little ability to practice how you would like but have still heard great things.