Duke School of Nursing FNP InterviewsRegister Today!
- by rphil77120 Mar 24, '12I have applied to Duke's FNP program. Cut off date was Feb 1st. I am still waiting to hear about an interview, does anyone who has been through the program have any ideas when they will start interviewing. I have called the school, but they are not very vocal about this.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689754©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,940 Views
- Mar 25, '12 by RNMandyrphil77120:
I'm in the same boat. I'm still waiting to hear about an interview as well. At this point, just hoping to get one. I know the web says they are reviewing apps from 3/1-5/1, but I assumed I'd hear something by now. I hope we hear soon!
- Mar 26, '12 by rphil77120I have an update. I have heard that each professor gets approx 10 applications that they review. They pull out the ones that they think will be a good fit. The prof. are supposed to meet at the end of APRIL to discuss their findings. I have heard that there were 90 applicants for 25 seats (that was for FNP). Oh Lord, that makes me nervous!!
- Mar 29, '12 by RNMandyWow!! Thanks for the update! Not sure I'm fond of those odds, but I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a spot!! Good luck to you!!
- Apr 2, '12 by lf1008Still waiting as well, where did you hear that information regarding review of applications? Anyone else heard anything else??
- Apr 3, '12 by ll9919Thanks for posting on this! I have been wondering about interviews too for the FNP program but haven't heard anything. I guess it depends on the professor as to when and if you get contacted for an interview. As to the number of slots available, I've heard that your acceptance can depend on if you applied for full or part time status. So, for example, if you applied for full time and there are mostly part time applicants that year, your chances of admission can be higher since there are a certain number of slots available for each status. I heard this from a current student.
- Apr 6, '12 by SnoboardRNI have an interview scheduled with Duke, has anyone else? It looks like they'll be interviewing through April and we'll know something by May.
- A friend of mine works with one of the professors at the hospital. She tracked her down and asked her a few questions.
- Thanks, I'm not found of those odds either my friend. Good luck to you!
- That is great!!!! When and how did they contact you? Did you apply for full or part time? I hope your interview goes great!!! You will have to let us know the scoop! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!