Neighbors, friends, and family coming by for nursing advice - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 4, '12 by aknottedyarnI have medical POA for my DSis. for the same reason. I feel honored that she trusts me but am I really the best perosn for this job? I had to make decisions for my DH when he was ill. It is not a fun job even if hou are sure of their answers to the things asked. I feel sure I did what he would have wanted but it still was hard, perhaps harder because I am a nurse and know too much.
I think sometimes nursing oozes out. I think in terms of what needs to be done. I look at others who need direction for everything and wonder if it is my own nursing education that changes me from a robot that does what is told to become the critical thinker who automatically starts up a path in response to some identifiable stimulus.
- Apr 5, '12 by casiUgh my neighbor used to do this to me all the time. I think she finally got the hint after hearing, "That is a really good question for your doctor" a few too many times.
- Apr 13, '12 by lapayinihahaha! wow! soo true, im still a nursing student but this has happened to me a lot, LIKE A LOT, of times already
- Apr 13, '12 by PinkmeganQuote from KristeyKYou are allowed out in your scrubs????!!!!Ditto to Holly! I also get stopped when I'm in the drug store and asked for advice if I'm wearing my school scrubs. They CLEARLY say RN STUDENT on them. Scary....(especially since there's usually a pharmacist within 50 feet to answer the question.)
- Apr 20, '12 by classicdameI do get asked but my response is generally, "what did your doctor say about this"?