Saudi Arabia - Good Idea or Not - page 21
To an American nurse, it seems like an upside-down system of Policies and Procedures that fails to fall within any framework of prior hospital experiences. This is a place where the patients tell you... Read More
Oct 1, '16It's not worth it. Been here for a year and a half in Saudi and I can't wait for my contract to end so I can leave. I have saved money but unless you really really need the money and are willing to make sacrifice and put up with a complete upside down, inept workforce while getting deskilled and dumbed down then go for it.
Its not not all what it's cracked up to be.
Jan 25, '17Hello Whaever,
Can you please email me - I am interested in pursuing a nursing career in jeddah. My email is:
Jan 25, '17Hi Ryan
What hospital/city were are you working in? Can you explain why "it's not worth it"
I am thinking about nursing in jeddah.
Jan 25, '17Hi California Nurse,
I am interested in working in Saudi. Can you please email me information on my email with any useful websites and more info. I was thinking jeddah. Do you recommend it?
my email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 11, '17Quote from perez33I'm sorry but I did not understand a thing you just said.Your article is true.I've worked there for four years as hemodialysis nurse without experienced from the Phils.but I had my training before I handled patient.I just want to share my experience is that most saudi nurse are lazy.They will come to the unit to continue their sleep from their house,often seating and eating without any motivation to learn that's why they are obviously fat.Knowing they have high salaries!That for us is nothing to do because were just foreigner.Salary deduction or bad mouthing from the wacher or director if something happen to the patient.But if the the native who had fault 'malise'for arabic sorry!
Nov 2, '17Unfortunately most if what has been wriiten is incorrect.
I worked at the King Fahad National Guard Hospital for 2 years.
1. Firstly Anerican nurses DO NOT have the hughest salary. Nurses from the USA, Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia are on the highest salary ans are caalled SN1 or Staff Nurse 1 and can be in charge of a ward
2. All ither nationalities are SN 2 and can never run a ward. They salary is less because of the value if the dollar in their country.
3. Expats which is what westerners are called CAN be an unaccompanied passanger in a taxi.
4. I agree that arabs do not like Filipinos, Indians or coloured nurses.
5. I agree that western women are considered prostitutes
Jul 24Thank you for this post. I am a UK nurse and found this while searching. I am just juggling the idea of working abroad and am open to anywhere. I am reading both pro and con posts for Saudi ... so unsure I guess I will not know until I try. USA is also an option I am exploring ...