University FNP Credentialing


I started a NP job at a university health center that serves the student population. I am reaching out to this forum for clarity on the nature of insurance/credentialing at universities.

Do I not need credentialing to work here as a NP? My understanding is that student health services don't bill insurance. Fees for services for specific labs and procedures are paid out of pocket or billed to the student's university account. If the student has outside insurance the university can provide the necessary documents so families can submit claims to their insurer. How can I provide care without being credentialed? 

Thank you for any information!