TWU (Texas Wesleyan University) CRNA 2023 Interview

Updated | Posted
by AdanRN AdanRN, BSN, RN Member

Specializes in NSICU. Has 4 years experience.

Got Interview For Wesleyan TWU CRNA Program Did You?

Anyone get an interview TWU CRNA this coming January?

For those who have been accepted into the program, I was offered a group interview this coming January. Has anyone been through this experience? I'm now way more nervous than I was originally. Any tips or advice???

kkad1

kkad1

1 Post

I'm also going to their group interview in January. Was literally searching through posts because I'm super nervous about the group aspect, then I saw your post. I figured I'd do mock interviews with C/SRNAs online and ask them how to go about the group format.

AdanRN, BSN, RN

Specializes in NSICU. Has 4 years experience. 19 Posts

Just now, kkad1 said:

I'm also going to their group interview in January. Was literally searching through posts because I'm super nervous about the group aspect, then I saw your post. I figured I'd do mock interviews with C/SRNAs online and ask them how to go about the group format.

I know I haven't seen any posts for a group start for 2023. Let's hope more people find this post and we can go through this together.

Nurse11

Nurse11

1 Post

I have received an interview invite as well. How do you know if it’s a group or individual interview? 

AdanRN, BSN, RN

Specializes in NSICU. Has 4 years experience. 19 Posts

3 minutes ago, Nurse11 said:

I have received an interview invite as well. How do you know if it’s a group or individual interview? 

When you go sign up for your time slot it will say so in the verbiage at the top. I’ll attach a pic. 

A759BF0E-D729-47D0-B351-46685C9CC16C.jpeg
Marcus37

Marcus37

Specializes in CV/CICU, CCCU. Has 5 years experience. 16 Posts

99% of the interviews will be a group interview. That means it will be you and 1 to 2 other applicants. Last year it was 2 applicants being interviewed by 2 faculty members. The faculty is amazing and will make you comfortable during the interview. Just know your stuff, relax, and you will be fine!

ICURN113355

ICURN113355

Specializes in SICU. Has 2 years experience. 4 Posts

@@Marcus37 Hi Marcus, since you're a current student are you able to speak a little about the program? Just curious how you like the program and if you/students feel prepared clinically and for boards. Also, what are some of the best clinical sites? 

Marcus37

Marcus37

Specializes in CV/CICU, CCCU. Has 5 years experience. 16 Posts

Long post, sorry but trying to address everything.

Not a problem. I am only in the first semester, so I cannot speak for clinical sites or boards, only what I hear from others. The people I have spoken to, do feel prepared for boards after the program. As for clinical sites, it really depends on what you make of it and how you approach it. I think it is similar to nursing precepting. You get some good ones & some bad ones. There are very few sites where you will be there the whole time and get all your experience, such as hearts, pedi, OB, etc. Most of them you will do a 3-4 week rotation at another place but they do try to make it as easy as possible. I have Harlingen, Tx as mine and I hear that you really get to learn a lot and to me that is what matters, not where I live.

As for the program, the faculty are awesome! They want you to succeed, they are always available & approachable!

As for content, it is A LOT of material in a very short time! You really do have to make it your #1 priority to study and apply it. It is not memorization because concepts build on each other and you will see it over and over in all the classes (Na+/K+ ATPase pump). You will feel behind pretty much after week 2 unless you got your stuff together. Really figure out the best way to study. Exams are every week. 

I can go into more detail about studying, resources, strategies, etc if you like once acceptance calls are made to the people that were accepted.

For now, my advice would be to take organic Chemistry and a physics class, if you are needing a Chemistry course. For physics, a class will come in handy or brushing up on it online. That is what a lot of people were not expecting, myself included. In the meantime, relax, take some time off & go on vacation. Also, keep your mind sharp & keep studying like you did for CCRN. 

Let me know if you want to know anything else. 

ICURN113355

ICURN113355

Specializes in SICU. Has 2 years experience. 4 Posts

@Marcus37 Thanks, Marcus. Really helpful information, and I appreciate you being open to answering questions. Definitely going to take you up on that offer to reach back out with more questions. 

AdanRN, BSN, RN

Specializes in NSICU. Has 4 years experience. 19 Posts

4 hours ago, Marcus37 said:

Long post, sorry but trying to address everything.

Not a problem. I am only in the first semester, so I cannot speak for clinical sites or boards, only what I hear from others. The people I have spoken to, do feel prepared for boards after the program. As for clinical sites, it really depends on what you make of it and how you approach it. I think it is similar to nursing precepting. You get some good ones & some bad ones. There are very few sites where you will be there the whole time and get all your experience, such as hearts, pedi, OB, etc. Most of them you will do a 3-4 week rotation at another place but they do try to make it as easy as possible. I have Harlingen, Tx as mine and I hear that you really get to learn a lot and to me that is what matters, not where I live.

....

Thanks for all the tips man. I picked Harlingen as my top choice for clinical also.  Do you know if that's a coveted site? I've been studying all my clinical stuff the last few weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

CRNA School Prep Academy

Specializes in Nurse Anesthetist, CRNA. 1 Article; 4 Posts

Rooting for you both!! 

TRW12

TRW12

Specializes in ICU. 4 Posts

On 11/11/2022 at 8:13 PM, AdanRN said:

When you go sign up for your time slot it will say so in the verbiage at the top. I’ll attach a pic. 

A759BF0E-D729-47D0-B351-46685C9CC16C.jpeg

I received an interview but mine doesn't say anything about group interviews? Mine says, "We've reviewed your entry-level Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice application, and you qualify for an interview. Congrats! Interviews will take place Jan. 9-20 at the Texas Wesleyan campus in Fort Worth, TX."

Should I take this as good or bad?