Jump to content

taking a refresher course in the US

Immigration   (1,345 Views 2 Comments)
by ma305 ma305 (Member) Member

1,640 Profile Views; 27 Posts

Good Evening,

I would like to know if I need a student visa to take a refresher course (one to two monther either online or in-class) for NCLEX in the US. I am a Canadian citizen and I am planning on studying and taking the test in the US rather than here in Canada.

Thank You.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

juan de la cruz has 27 years experience as a MSN, RN, NP and specializes in APRN, Adult Critical Care.

3 Followers; 8 Articles; 3,931 Posts; 58,968 Profile Views

Only schools certified by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) are eligible for F1, M1, or J1 Visas (trainee and student visas). Chances are, review centers for NCLEX are not included, hence, is a not a viable route for a student visa.

Check this website, it is a search engine for US programs that are SEVP certfied: Study in the States - School Search

You may still be able to take a review course in the US as a Canadian visitor. These programs do not last more than 3 months I suppose.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites