I finally got in!

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

I'm so happy to share that I finally got into my nursing program!

I had my doubts because I got a C- in AP1 and this is a CUNY school (so more competitive).

But thank God they found a space for me!

Thanks so much. I've never recorded a professor before. But I think now is the time to start. There's so much to learn.

I'm in my early twenties, no kids, at home with only a part-time job so I don't have an excuse to mess this up lol.

Also, how are clinicals? We don't have orientation until next week and I'm not sure what that details. When I was looking at classes it said it was 6 hrs a week.

Well, just make sure you tell your manager/boss that you're going to nursing school so maybe they can provide some flexibility with your schedule. I've known of some people finding it hard to juggle a part time job and school. However, there are some who can have a full time job, kids, and still do phenomenally in class.

I don't attend the same school as you do so, I can't say for certain how your clinical will be. At my school, we didn't attend clinical until a month in our first semester. We were validated on our skills prior to going to the hospitals. Clinical for us is an 8-hour shift once a week, however, our instructors usually didn't keep us there that long.

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for in terms of "details" for clinical. You are provided with maybe one patient, you get report from your nurse, introduce yourself to the PCA/PCT/CNA and let them know you'll be taking care of that patient today. You go in and introduce yourself to the patient (name, title, and your purpose for being in their room). Then you would assist them with morning care (cleaning them up, making their bed, assisting them to the bathroom- if they can/or are allowed).

@RiFig_17

Oh that's good to know. I had no idea what they were going to be like.

I'm not sure if I want to stay at my job. I did just get certified for phlebotomy and ekg but I'm not sure if I want to switch working environments right before school starts. I know the job I have (retail) would be flexible with my schooling. But also, landing a job in a hospital would be more beneficial for me in the long run, I think.

Decisions decisions.

+ Add a Comment