Extreme Lack of Communication! Help!

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my post. I'm trying to find some feedback and suggestions on what I should do to solve this ongoing issue.

I've been e-mailing my instructor for the last week in regards to getting approval to use two articles for an annotated bib which is due in two weeks. I also have questions in regards to a program we use (PassPoint) because I completed an assignment almost three weeks ago and it doesn't show "completed" as my other assignment due Friday.

Not to mention it took almost two weeks to get a response from her about reviewing the first exam that I had failed with 70%. It's getting hard for me to hold my composure, and it certainly is taking much effort to do so.

This also happened with another instructor who I will have beginning next week. I had sent her an email, once a week, for three weeks in regards to a book that is required for the class. I had been given the previous edition from a friend, and I needed to know if it was necessary for me to spend the $100 on the newer one. After three weeks, I finally received a response with a simple "no thats fine".

Maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy here, but this program is extremely difficult as is, and the lack of communication on the instructors' part is getting to me. Not only does it seem to take an excruciating amount of time to get a response, but they're so unprofessional when doing so and give such simple responses as if there was zero thought put into them at all. I seem to be getting a lot more information from talking to my classmates..one who has become a friend of mine which is great! (I even found out our clinical was cancelled through this classmate..I texted, called home, office, and cell and e-mailed my instructor and got no response to confirm this!) Please help!!

During my program, all of our instructors not only taught but also still held jobs as practicing nurses. You can't expect or demand faster response times with something such as an email. It is your responsibility to get the information yourself. Why is it taking weeks for you to get this information? Do your teachers not have office hours? Do you not see them multiple times per week? If something really is that time sensitive, then you should be seeking them out when you know they are available and talking in person.

+ Add a Comment