Broward College May 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi guys!! Haven't seen any threads for May 2018 so I figured why not start one!! I just submitted my application for Broward's May 2018 LPN-RN program so anxiously waiting for the deadline. While I wait I'm attending Keiser to retake A&P 1 and lab to boost grade up! What's everyone doing to pass the time?

Hey Melissa, I'm starting the LPN route and eventually moving to RN, what college did you do your LPN license at? And if I may ask, how are the job prospects looking in South Florida?

I did the LPN route and now I'm attending Broward for the transition program. I say you should just go for the RN because jobs are not that plentiful. You're subjected to only working in nursing homes for the most part. I filled out over 15-20 applications when I graduated and out of those I got maybe 3 calls back. When I finally got a job I stuck with it but it's a challenge. LPNs aren't hired in the hospitals and that's the crappy part about it.

Hello nursetasuryn I must say I had a positive experience at my nursing school i attended Sheridan technical college in Hollywood and recommend it it's great, I graduated in April took the nclex in May and started working 2 weeks ago. Everyone's path is different I received interviews from a lot of places clinics, nursing homes, home health agency's and hospitals as well. Cleveland clninic which is a hospital in Weston so it's not true that lpns don't get hired in hospitals Sheridan has an amazing career center that makes your resume top notch. By that being said I am currently an assistant director of nursing for a home health agency and will pursuing my rn degree this upcoming January in either Miami Dade College or mercy school of nursing since Broward doesn't do the transition in January. I enjoy where I'm working now because it looks great on my resume and they are flexible for when I attend school! So follow your own path don't get discouraged because the straight rn path isn't for everyone, message me private if you have any questions or concerns I'll be glad to help !

Hello nursetasuryn I must say I had a positive experience at my nursing school i attended Sheridan technical college in Hollywood and recommend it it's great, I graduated in April took the nclex in May and started working 2 weeks ago. Everyone's path is different I received interviews from a lot of places clinics, nursing homes, home health agency's and hospitals as well. Cleveland clninic which is a hospital in Weston so it's not true that lpns don't get hired in hospitals Sheridan has an amazing career center that makes your resume top notch. By that being said I am currently an assistant director of nursing for a home health agency and will pursuing my rn degree this upcoming January in either Miami Dade College or mercy school of nursing since Broward doesn't do the transition in January. I enjoy where I'm working now because it looks great on my resume and they are flexible for when I attend school! So follow your own path don't get discouraged because the straight rn path isn't for everyone, message me private if you have any questions or concerns I'll be glad to help !

Good to know!!! Didn't know they were a hospital. What were the other hospitals you applied to that accepts LPNs im currently at Kidz Korner and I wanted the hospital experience?

Other hospitals that accept lpns besides Cleveland are, Larkin hospital, baptist, mercy hospital, nikalus children's hospital. You just need to constantly be checking when they post openings

I plan on doing per diem at a hospital or nursing home to not loose my skills for the next few months since the adon position is not direct patient care

Other hospitals that accept lpns besides Cleveland are, Larkin hospital, baptist, mercy hospital, nikalus children's hospital. You just need to constantly be checking when they post openings

Are those in the broward area?

No, Miami dade

+ Add a Comment