Accredited Public NonProfit
BSN Accelerated BSN Other
- Location(s) New York
- Telephone 1-866-890-9386
- Request Information
Utica College (UC) is an accredited, private, nonprofit institution founded in 1946. The main campus is located in Utica, New York. A satellite campus in the Syracuse-Liverpool area is the home for the 16-month Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program. Utica also has an extension in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Why should I choose Utica College for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program?
- Utica offers students the opportunity for early admission, therefore a head start in their nursing career
- Non-profit college gives the student undivided attention to adequately prepare them for the healthcare challenges
- ABSN provides an easy transition into the career you may have always wanted ... nursing
- The education at Utica prepares the student to excel and pass their NCLEX exam, the licensure exam to become a registered nurse
Freedom of online coursework
Technologically advanced skills and simulation labs
Clinical rotations throughout healthcare facilities in New York
Freedom to express yourself
Lifelong learning experience
Seats available for students ... no waitlist
Faculty are trained to put student needs first
Faculty are dedicated and committed to student success
Accreditation for Utica's program at the national, regional, and state levels
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is not for everyone. You must be ready to work at an accelerated pace. If you are ready to dive in, our 16-month, full time status program is ready for you.
- Nursing theory - through online classroom coursework, you will be able to learn theory and the "why" in nursing. Innovation is the aim for today's healthcare field. With the coursework available online, you can work on it days, nights and even weekends.
- Skills and simulation - Utica College offers an on-site nursing skills lab to help you learn how to function with hands on skills in a real life situation.
- Clinical rotations - To learn about what type of nursing you want to do when you graduate, clinicals can help guide you as you are challenged to provide direct patient care. You will work under the guidance of a clinical instructor and the patient's nurse for the day. Clinicals can be done at local healthcare facilities in the area.
I have a Bachelor's degree in a non-healthcare related field and work for a private business. I have been at this job for a short time, but already know that I cannot see myself doing this for 20 years. I've often thought about Nursing and would like to research the career path and the ABSN.
Nursing students have the flexibility to change careers whether it is from pediatrics to OR or from OB to the ER. The ABSN 16-month program prepares students to become Registered Nurses (RN) and be eligible for the RN-NCLEX to receive a license to practice in his or her state.
Admission Requirements for the Program (not all inclusive)
- A bachelor's degree in a field, other than nursing, from a regionally accredited institution
- Achieve a C or better in 10 prerequisite courses - GPA of 2.8 or better in science courses
- Minimum of a 2.8 GPA
NCLEX Pass Rates 2017
- BSN - 79%
- ASDBS - 85.4%
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited Utica College's ABSN program.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Utica College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Utica College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #120 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- #49 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #32 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #140 of 599
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #399 of 725
- Safest College Campuses in America #468 of 1,357
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #635 of 1,592
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #849 of 1,542
- Best Value Colleges in America #932 of 1,590
- Most Conservative Colleges in New York #6 of 24
- Best Colleges for Nursing in New York #8 of 38
- Safest College Campuses in New York #41 of 90
- Most Diverse Colleges in New York #58 of 126
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in New York #64 of 121
- Best Value Colleges in New York #90 of 121
College Factual (2018-2019)
- #19 Best Colleges for the Money in New York
- #103 Best Colleges for the Money (top 20% of college values across the country)
Utica College is ranked #25 in the list of Top 30 Best Online Bachelor's in Nursing for 2017 by BestDegreePrograms.org.
Utica College has been named one of America's Military Friendly Schools 2017 by G.I. Jobs magazine for the eighth consecutive year.
Utica College has also been named a Top Military-Friendly College by Military Advanced Education for the fifth straight year.