- Location Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
- Programs BSN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is a public university.
Classes at Slippery Rock run as 8-week sessions to allow maximum flexibility in the lives of busy students. There are two eight-week sessions in each semester. Registered Nurses are able to still work full time while achieving their BSN degree. Those who work part time can add even more courses to their schedule, finishing the program sooner. Students are also able to schedule around work demands without delaying progress in their degrees.
RN to BSN Nursing Program
Slippery Rock University RN to BSN Nursing Program is exclusively online for nurses who have an Associate Degree or Diploma education and would like to continue their studies to a BSN degree. The program will focus on evidence-based decision making, leadership, and use of information technology. The education the student will receive from the BSN program will easily help them transition into graduate level studies.
Students are able to go at a pace that they feel comfortable. Some students like to go part time, whereas others engage full time. The total number of credits for the degree is 39 credits.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- RN associate or diploma degree in Nursing
- Current RN licensure
- Completed 63 or more credits
- 2.5 or higher RN degree GPA
Careers In Nursing As An RN-BSN
- Acute Care
- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Resource Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Critical Care
- Long-term Care
- Nurse Management
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Travel Nursing
Another level of education offered is the School Nurse Certificate program.
School Nurse Certificate Program
This program is an online program that consists of 21 graduate credits including a 100-hour practicum (50 hours elementary and 50 hours secondary) with a Certified School Nurse.
Nurses who complete this program are prepared for a Level I Certification in Pennsylvania as School Nurses.
Students must have a BSN before applying for this program.
The RN to BSN program provides a quality education towards an undergraduate degree with a reasonable cost.
Online program for 24/7 access and 7.5 week sessions which help with academic and work schedules for the nurse. This format also helps the nurse finish his or her degree sooner.
One of the first solely online format programs in the nation.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the RN-BSN nursing program.
Slippery Rock University is accredited by the Middle State Commission on Higher Learning.
MONEY Magazine ranked Slippery Rock University #397 Best Colleges For Your Money (2018-2019).
US News & World Report (2019)
- #90 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- #54 in Best Value Schools
- #25 (tie) in Top Public Schools
- #166 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
College Factual (2018-2019)
- #4 Best Colleges for the Money in Pennsylvania
- #55 Best Colleges for the Money (top 20% overall) nationally
The Princeton Review (2018-2019)
- Best Northeastern
- Green Colleges
- Best College Dorms in America #21 of 1,370
- Top Public Universities in America #273 of 672
- Best College Campuses in America #339 of 1,408
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #382 of 725
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #461 of 1,542
- Safest College Campuses in America #525 of 1,357
- Best Value Colleges in America #638 of 1,590
- Best Colleges in America #701 of 1,647
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #820 of 1,591
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #1,137 of 1,592
- Best College Dorms in Pennsylvania #1 of 103
- Top Public Universities in Pennsylvania #10 of 38
- Best College Campuses in Pennsylvania #13 of 104
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Pennsylvania #23 of 109
- Most Conservative Colleges in Pennsylvania #25 of 60
- Safest College Campuses in Pennsylvania #36 of 89
- Best Colleges in Pennsylvania #46 of 111
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Pennsylvania #49 of 111
- Best Value Colleges in Pennsylvania #70 of 110
- Most Diverse Colleges in Pennsylvania #72 of 105