- Location Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC), founded in 1966, is a public community college.
RCBC became the first community college in New Jersey authorized to offer junior-year courses in its "3+1" option allowing students to complete an associate's degree. This option allows students to stay at RCBC for a junior year before transferring to Rowan University to complete their bachelor's degree on the Mount Laurel campus or online.
Associate of Applied Science Degree Major in Nursing
Classroom activities, nursing practice labs and clinical rotations are part of the learning curriculum. Upon successful graduation of the RCBC AAS Nursing program, graduates meeting the NJ Board of Nursing requirements are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensing exam. After passing the exam, he or she will be able to seek RN licensure in the respective states.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- All documents (i.e. high school transcripts, prior college coursework transcripts, foreign transcript evaluations/translations) must be submitted prior to submitting applications
- According to the RCBC Nursing Handbook, any course with a grade below a C is considered a failing course for the purposes of determining nursing admissions; the nursing program does not accept grades below C for required general education or non-nursing required courses
- Students who have been in other nursing programs must have the program director from that college/institution email a letter to Rowan College using the school's official email address indicating the student was not dismissed at any time for clinically unsafe behavior
- FBI fingerprinting background check
- Drug screen
Requirements for Admitted Students (not all inclusive)
- CPR certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Providers/Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Complete a satisfactory physical examination indicating that the student can perform the rigorous program activities as outlined at Rowan College Department of Nursing
- Maintain malpractice/liability insurance throughout the program
- Maintain personal health insurance throughout the program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 3+1 Partnership Program
Rowan College at Burlington County offers a partnership program to give students an affordable option to a Bachelor's Degree through Rowan University. This is only available to RCBC alumni.
Students can choose from three (3) different tracks to earn a bachelor's degree with Rowan University.
The 3+1 program is designed to allow students to take their freshman, sophomore and junior years at RCBC cost with RCBC's faculty and the senior year at Rowan University's cost with Rowan University's faculty. The entire four years can be taken in Mount Laurel. The RCBC graduates that enroll in the 3+1 program will receive a 15% discount off of the prevailing on-campus Rowan University tuition and fees for classes offered online and in Mount Laurel. This option, in turn, will save the student money.
Transition to an Online or Offsite Degree
The transition period is simple. Students start and stay their freshman and sophomore years at RCBC for their associate's degree. Then, they tradition into the Rowan Global Program for a bachelor's degree. The flexible program offers completion programs fully online and at off site campuses like Camden, NJ or Mount Laurel, NJ for 2+2 programs. The RCBC graduates enroll in Rowan Global programs will receive a 15% discount off of the prevailing on-campus Rowan University tuition and fees for classes offered online and in Mount Laurel.
Transition to Main Campus in Glassboro
Students are able to stay at RCBC for their freshman and sophomore years and then transition into a Rowan University program at the main campus in Glassboro, NJ to complete a bachelor's degree via commute or onsite living.
Approval and Accreditation
The New Jersey Board of Nursing approved the Rowan College at Burlington County Nursing Program.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Nursing program at Rowan College at Burlington County.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the RN-BSN program at Rowan.
Rowan College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Brookings Report ranked Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) in the Top 10 Community Colleges in the nation.
Edited by Joe V