- NCLEX Pass Rate 89
- Location Aurora, Colorado
- Programs BSN
- Website URL Visit Website
Denver, Colorado is the home to Platt College, a small, four-year, private, for-profit college, founded in 1891. In 1986, the Denver extension became its own separate college, without affiliation to any other Platt Colleges in the United States.
Platt College's School of Nursing has a focus on undergraduate education. The School of Nursing admitted its first class in 2005. By 2013, online education was added to the nursing curriculum and now, students can earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) in 36 months, with no prerequisites required.
There are program degree options for students who are starting college for the first time, second career or those with some college experience. The goal of every student is to become a Registered Nurse (RN) and the program offers just that. Students begin quarterly. There is a waitlist, but it is not extensive.
The curriculum within the program is 40% online, 60% in person, and 25% hybrid method. There are 20 students per cohort.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is a total of 184.5 quarter credit hours, which is equal to 121.77 semester hours from start to finish.
Graduates are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensing exam and then become eligible for state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in his or her state of practice.
Highlights of Platt College School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Fully ACEN accredited program
- 12th year of Nursing program
- April 2008 was the first graduated nursing class
- Diverse clinical experiences with 840 clinical hours
- Over 40% doctorally prepared faculty and all master’s prepared
Platt College Simulation Lab
The Simulation Learning System at Platt College supports student-centered learning and offers students the opportunity to have "hands-on" experience in an immersive, patient care environment with state-of-the-art, high tech simulators.
Clinical Experiences and Capstone Project
Platt College's School of Nursing has partnerships with clinical facilities that are located within a 70-mile radius. Transportation is the responsibility of the student for the clinical rotations. The student's clinical experiences begin during the second quarter of study.
The Senior Capstone project offers the student the opportunity to work one-on-one with a nurse preceptor. Clinical rotations start in the second quarter of study.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Attend information session at Platt College
- Complete online application and pay application charges online before taking a scheduled entrance test or submitting official SAT or ACT scores
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores or schedule and complete ATI TEAS entrance test; scores are to be submitted to Platt College directly from the testing agency and the official scores expire after three years from the test date
- Admissions interview
- Admissions essay
- Official high school transcript from an accredited high school, official GED, and/or Home Study certificate or transcript
- Official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended, if applicable
- Negative/clear background check
- Negative drug screening
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Provider
- Vaccine/Immunization series as outlined by Platt College School of Nursing
Accreditation and Approval
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) fully accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program from the School of Nursing at Platt College.
The Colorado State Board of Nursing approved the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the Platt College School of Nursing.
Rankings and Recognitions
Best Nursing Colleges ranked Platt College's (Aurora) nursing program #593 "Nursing School (out of 2766; top 25%) in the United States" (2018).
Best Nursing Colleges also ranked Platt College #7 "Nursing School in Colorado" (2018).
Platt College is recognized in the Top 5% "Most Focused: Nursing" category by College Factual (2018).
College Factual also recognized Platt College in the Top 5% "Best Ranked Major: Nursing" category (2018).
Edited by sirI