- NCLEX Pass Rate 98
- Location Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, LPN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Pikes Peak Community College was established in 1968 and is the largest public institution of higher learning in the Pikes Peak area.
The community college offers two options for nursing degree obtainment. The first is the Registered Nurse RN Associate of Applied Science Degree with the choice of LPN Exit option. The second is the Bachelor's and Dual Enrollment Options for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
Registered Nurse Associate of Applied Science Degree with choice of LPN Exit Option
Those interested can apply after they have met the prerequisite courses and requirements. Prior to submitting the application, potential students must either have a CNA license or have fulfilled the CNA coursework. In addition, candidates must pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) entrance exam prior to application submission.
This is a competitive program. Several factors are considered and points are based on GPA in the prerequisite courses, pertinent and relevant work experience, and a degree obtained previously from an accredited program.
A merit evaluation is used to determine provisional admission. Applicants who meet the criteria for admission are ranked using a point system with 42 being the maximum number of points awarded. Based on the number of applicants and how many slots are open for enrollment, GPA is the first criteria considered. The majority of points are given to students based on their prerequisite GPA (25 to 40 points), with a minimum GPA of 2.5. An additional 2 points can be given to students who have obtained a regionally accredited degree. In the event that there are multiple applicants with the same number of points, the GPA will be the priority in the selection process for slots available.
Registered Nurse Associate of Applied Science Degree
This is a two-year program. Upon graduation, the student is eligible to take the Registered Nurse-National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN) and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in his or her state.
ADN and LPN Exit Option Admission Process (not all-inclusive)
- 18 years of age or older
- Applications with required coursework in progress - not be considered
- Request copies of official transcripts from all colleges attended; verify received
- Attend a Nursing Information Session
- The following prerequisite courses must be completed with a "C" or better and the minimum combined 2.5 GPA: ENG 121, PSY 235, BIO 201, BIO 204; BIO prerequisites completed within 7 years
- Complete CNA (NUA) coursework in PPCC System or active Colorado CNA certificate
- TEAS Version 6 pre-nursing examination - achieve a score at or above the current national mean for Adjusted Individual/Reading/Mathematics Score(s)
- Denied application if unsuccessful in other nursing programs within the past 5 years
- Students will not be accepted into the program if hold active RN license in Colorado or other states
- ADN Admissions Committee review; all decisions made by Committee are final
Bachelor's and Dual Enrollment Option for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree
Pikes Peak Community College also offers a Bachelor's and Dual Enrollment Option for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree through the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS).
This Dual Enrollment option makes the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs a very popular option for nursing students. Students can enroll in the BSN Degree program while concurrently completing their Nursing Degree at the Pikes Peak Community program. This RN/BSN Dual Enrollment program may be an option if students are presently enrolled in the ADN curriculum at Pikes Peaks Community College and desire to work toward completion of the RN and BSN degree at the same time.
2019 NCLEX Pass Rates
- RN - 98.73%
- LPN (exit option) - 100%
The Nursing program at Pikes Peak Community College is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Pikes Peak Community College is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of College and Schools (NCA).
The registered nursing program at Pikes Peak Community College was ranked No. 1 in Colorado by the Annual RegisteredNursing.org RN Program State Rankings (2018).
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) ranks 17th among the top 25 colleges in the country for military and veteran students, according to the Military Times’ annual assessment survey (2015).
Edited by sirI