States in the U.S. require that the MidAmerica Nazarene University be authorized to deliver university-level distance and online education to their residents. Find out if your state is included in our Online Degree Authorization Agreements.
Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Accelerated BSN (ABSN)
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
After the first two years, students take courses related to the professional nursing setting. There will be clinical rotations 2-3 days/week as well as lecture courses.
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
The Accelerated BSN program is designed with the LPN, paramedic/MICT, or adult student with previous college experience in mind.
- Classes are on-site
- Some courses are hybrid online and on campus
- Contains sixty-four (64) credit hours
- Complete BSN in 12 months
- Attend class in Olathe
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- MSN/MBA Dual Degree
- Nursing Certificates
The accelerated RN-BSN program has flexibility for the nurse to complete the degree at his or her own pace, online or offline, full- or part-time.
- Classes meet weekly on-site or online
- Minimum of thirty (30) credit hours must be fulfilled
- At your own pace or in as little as 12 months
- Attend classes on campus at Olathe or online
The RN-MSN program at MidAmerica Nazarene University is for the nurse who would like to achieve a Master's degree in nursing. There is a plan available to complete both the BSN and MSN in as little as 36 months. Through this path, students can take undergraduate and graduate courses at the same time, saving time and money.
- Meets online
- Some selected courses offered on-site
- Complete seventy-two (72) credit hours
- Complete both BSN and the MSN in approximately 36 months
- Attend classes online
- Selected courses offered in Olathe on campus
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Designed for licensed Registered Nurses with a BSN degree, MidAmerica Nazarene University's Master of Science in Nursing curriculum offers the flexibility for the student by giving him or her the ability to attend class once a week or online.
Four specialty areas are available: Healthcare Administration, Nursing Education, Public Health or Healthcare Quality Management.
- Classes meet on-site or online, 1 evening per week, full-time or part-time
- Fulfill thirty-nine (39) credit hours
- Complete in 26 months, or at your own pace
- Attend classes in Olathe or online
MSN/MBA Dual Degree
The Dual Degree program is for the licensed Registered Nurse who holds a BSN degree and has a desire to pursue both a Master of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration degree and a Master in Business Administration degree. MidAmerica Nazarene University's MSN/MBA dual degree program offers the opportunity to complete two degree programs with a single, combined plan of study by attending class once weekly and taking courses online.
- Classes meet on-site or online, 1 night per week, full-time or part-time
- Complete fifty-seven (57) credit hours
- Complete in as little as 2 years (24 months)
- Attend classes in Olathe on campus and online
- Complete 1 MSN class and 1 MBA class at the same time
Certificates and Continuing Education
Healthcare Administration Certificate
Healthcare Quality Management Certificate
Nursing Education Certificate
Public Health Certificate
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree at MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU).
MidAmerica Nazarene University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
MNU is ranked #75 (tie) by US News & World Report in Regional Universities Midwest.
MNU is ranked #47 (tie) by US News & World Report in Best Colleges for Veterans.
Edited by sirI
update see notes