- NCLEX Pass Rate 81
- Location New York, New York
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Helene Fuld, a private, not-for profit institution, was founded in 1945. Helene Fuld College is committed to advancing LPNs to the associate degree RN level in a one-year full-time program and RNs to the baccalaureate degree in a nineteen-month full-time program. Part-time commitments are options within these programs.
After graduating the LPN to RN program, students are prepared to take and pass the NCLEX-RN examination.
The College is located in Harlem, one of the most dynamic and revitalized communities in New York City. It is easily accessible through subway, bus or car. Those who attend out of state make housing arrangements in New York City in order to attend the College on a commuting basis as the College has no residence facilities.
LPN to RN AAS
Helene Fuld College of Nursing offers a full-time, one-year associate degree program of instruction in nursing and liberal arts and science for adult men and women who are licensed practical nurses. There is a total of twenty-seven quarter credits earned toward the Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- United States high school diploma or equivalency
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Current LPN license and registration in a U.S. jurisdiction
- Two professional or academic references
- Completion of a 4.5 credit introductory course in Selected Topics in Chemistry and Mathematics at the College, or successful performance on a College administered challenge examination
- Completion of a Clinical Nursing Skills course at the College, or successful performance on a College administered challenge examination
- CPR Certification (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- An interview may be requested
RN to BSN
Helene Fuld College of Nursing offers an upper division Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program designed for those who hold an RN that focuses on environmental urban health nursing.
The College offers 63 credits in nursing and liberal arts and sciences in its upper division curriculum which totals 121 credits. The academic calendar is divided into three 15-week semesters per year. If attending full-time, students can finish the program in 5 semesters (19 months), if attending one and one-half days per week or by attending three evenings per week. Part-time students usually complete the program within four years.
Students can transfer up to 30 semester credits in nursing (lower division) and 44 semester credits in liberal arts and science (including 16 upper division semester credits with a minimum grade of a C+). Students must take a minimum of 47 semester credits at Helene Fuld College of Nursing, including all 31 upper division semester credits in nursing.
Each semester is 15 weeks long, and there are three sets in a academic calendar year. If attending full-time, the program can be completed in five semesters or nineteen months.
Application Requirements (not all inclusive)
- A small recent (2” X 2” passport style) photo
- A copy of RN license and a copy of current RN registration
- A copy of American Heart Association CPR (BLS) card (front and back)
- Proof of citizenship or legal residence
- H.S. and/or GED Transcripts in SEALED ENVELOPES
- College and/or CLEP Transcripts in SEALED ENVELOPES
- Two Completed Recommendation Forms in SEALED ENVELOPES
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Associate in Applied Science degree program in Nursing.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the upper division baccalaureate program (RN to BS) at Helene Fuld College of Nursing.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
Zippia, a new website dedicated to helping recent grads with their career choices, recently published a study on the schools whose grads earn the most in each state, and Helene Fuld ranked #1 in New York (2018).
Helene Fuld College of Nursing has been ranked the #1 two-year College to produce the highest paid graduates according to PayScale.com (2018).
Best Nursing Colleges (2017)
- #29 Nursing School in New York
- #93 Nursing School in the Northeast
- #389 Nursing School in USA