- NCLEX Pass Rate 97
- Location St. Davids, Pennsylvania
- Programs BSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Eastern University Facts
EU is a nonprofit and fully accredited University by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Eastern University's 2015 NCLEX-RN pass rate was 100%. The university is 10.67% above the mean pass rate for all BSN schools in Pennsylvania for NCLEX exams taken between October 2014 and September 2015. For the past 5 years, Eastern BSN students NCLEX-RN pass rates have been between 85% and 100% for first time candidates.
The American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation endorsed the Nursing Department at Eastern University. Students are eligible to sit for the Holistic Nursing Certification exam after graduation. Upon passing this exam, the nurse is recognized as a Board Certified Holistic Nurse and adds the additional HNB-BC credential to his or her earned credential(s).
EU is a nationally recognized Christian university.
The Nursing Clinical Resource Laboratory at Eastern University offers students opportunities to learn in a simulated hospital and practice experience.
Eastern nursing students have been awarded highly competitive paid externships at prestigious healthcare agencies such as Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. This partnership, among others, offers opportunities for students to practice their hands-on clinical skills.
Eastern University has active chapters of the Student Nurses Association of PA (SNAP) and Delta Tau Chapter-at-Large of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Students are able to complete two nationally recognized certificates. The Nurse Manager Certificate is offered by Sigma Theta Tau International. RN to BSN students will also graduate with an End-of-Life Trained Certificate of Completion awarded by the End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC).
Undergraduate Nursing Majors
BS in Nursing (BSN)
RN to BSN
BSN Two2 Second Degree Nursing
The Traditional Pre-Licensure Program at Eastern University offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) that helps prepare and enable graduates to provide safe, professional holistic nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings. Christian values and ethics are stressed among varied clinical practice settings.
Undergraduate Admission - Bachelor's Degrees (not all inclusive)
- Current resume or CV with detailed work/educational history including any professional affiliation(s)
- Official high school transcript/GED certificate
- Official transcript(s) from EACH regionally accredited colleges or universities attended
RN to BSN
The RN-BSN program is designed for the adult learner who is working. The flexibility of the program allows online interaction while providing ongoing interaction with faculty. Nursing leadership and management skills are incorporated into the curriculum. There is also a focus on nurse informatics, assessment skills, and knowledge of the human throughout the lifespan.
Admission to the RN to BSN Track is based on the following (not all inclusive)
- Current valid RN License
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or better
- Official transcripts
BSN Two2 Second Degree Nursing Program
The second degree nursing program, BSN Two2, is for students who hold a bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field and would like to enter the program as a junior BSN student. The student must have a required prerequisite courses complete. Clinical rotations for outpatient and inpatient areas are offered in the clinical rotations. The state of the art Nursing Clinical Resource lab and committed faculty and staff, will assist the graduate in their exposure to different settings and become a practicing nurse. Classes are held in St. David's, near Philadelphia.
Admission Criteria (not all inclusive)
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or better/combined GPA of 2.75 in Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Chemistry, Microbiology
- Prerequisite courses completed within the past 7years and before entering BSN Two2 program
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate nursing programs at Eastern University.
Eastern University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #74 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- #42 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #76 in Best Value Schools
- #230 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- Best Christian Colleges in America #173
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #259
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #325
- Best College Locations in America #381
- Best Small Colleges in America #407
- Safest College Campuses in America #459
- Top Private Universities in America #503
- Best Colleges in America #828
- Best Value Colleges in America #839
- Best Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania #10
- Most Diverse Colleges in Pennsylvania #15
- Best College Locations in Pennsylvania #21
- Most Conservative Colleges in Pennsylvania #23
- Safest College Campuses in Pennsylvania #31
- Best Small Colleges in Pennsylvania #39
- Top Private Universities in Pennsylvania #41
- Best Colleges in Pennsylvania #59
- Best Value Colleges in Pennsylvania #81
- Best Colleges in Philadelphia Area #19
- Best Value Colleges in Philadelphia Area #27
EU is listed in the MONEY Magazine's Best Colleges 2017-2018 ranking.
Eastern University is again featured on CollegesofDistinction.com, honoring excellence in student-focused higher education (2017).
Eastern University has been recognized by online resource, BestColleges.com, as one of the 50 Best Colleges for Older Students (2015).
ChristianUniversitiesOnline.org ranked EU (2014) as the 5th Most Beautiful Christian College Campus in the World.
Edited by sirI