- NCLEX Pass Rate 100
- Location Dover, Delaware
- Programs BSN, Entry-Level BSN
- Website URL Visit Website
In 1891, Delaware State University (DSU), a public institution, was founded.
Bachelor of Science with a Major in Nursing
Delaware State's undergraduate nursing degree program upholds itself to the highest degree of face-to-face interaction between instructors and students. The nursing students at Delaware State University are offered classrooms with up-to-date technology, simulation labs, and clinical rotations that include electronic medication carts, computerized monitors, and other high-tech tools of the nursing profession.
The Nursing Bachelor's program can be completed in four (4) years. Prior to core nursing courses, the student takes two (2) years of pre-professional courses that include liberal arts and science-based courses. Students then apply for the professional phase of the nursing major during their Sophomore year.
The Sophomore year nursing courses include both nursing theory and related laboratory and clinical study. The clinical rotations help integrate classroom learning activities. A variety of local health care agencies include hospitals, long term care facilities, clinics, and community health settings; all providing ideal opportunities for the student.
Graduates of the nursing program will receive a Bachelor of Science degree with a Major in Nursing. Graduates are then eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and become eligible for state RN licensure.
Admission (not all inclusive)
- Minimal 3.0 GPA
- Prerequisites must be completed in the spring of applying semester
- Students will be allowed to repeat one identified Science course (A&P I, A&P II, Microbiology and Pathophysiology)
- Students will be allowed to transfer in 2 of the 4 identified Science courses; 2 Science courses must be completed at DSU
- Science courses that are 5-years or older will not be transferable
Frequently Asked Questions
Accreditation and Approval
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education accredited Delaware State University
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited Delaware State University's Bachelor of Science with a Major in Nursing program.
The Delaware Board of Nursing approved Delaware State's undergraduate nursing degree program.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #142-#187 in Regional Universities North
- #12 (tie) in Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #203 of 1,592
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #235 of 687
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #735 of 1,591
- Most Diverse Colleges in Delaware #1 of 6
- Most Liberal Colleges in Delaware #1 of 3
College Factual ranked DSU #2 Best Colleges for the Money in Delaware (2018-2019).
DSU was ranked #722 in their "Best Colleges For Your Money 2019" by MONEY Magazine.
DSU was listed #2 by BestColleges.com in their "Best Colleges in Delaware" profile (2018).
NCLEX-RN Pass Rates
- 2018 - 100%
- 2017- 90.0%
- 2016- 83.3%
- 2015- 84.0%
Edited by sirI