- NCLEX Pass Rate 87
- Location Charleston, South Carolina
- Programs BSN, MSN, RN-to-MSN, Entry-Level BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
In 1964 Charleston Southern University (CSU) was founded as one of the largest accredited, private, non-profit universities in South Carolina. The university is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention and focuses on integrating faith in learning, leading and serving.
The College of Nursing's NCLEX pass rate for the BSN program is the highest 9-year pass rate of all accredited BSN programs in the state of South Carolina.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The baccalaureate nursing program is designed for those desiring to become a BSN-prepared Registered Nurse (RN).
After successful completion, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
Eligibility Requirements (not all inclusive)
- 2.90 GPA in Pre-Nursing Prerequisite Courses with a 'C' or better in each course
- Math and science prerequisites within 5 years of application date
- Nursing admission exam
Associate Degree in Nursing to Master of Science in Nursing (ADN-MSN)
This program allows for the completion of a MSN in 19 months. This program is for the motivated student and each course is around 5 weeks in length.
BSN to MSN
This program is also a fast track program which is offered as a cohort program with the completion time of 16 months. Every course is 5 weeks in length.
MSN Nursing Education
This program option is for those who desire a part-time option to an MSN.
Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education
The Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education program at the Charleston Southern University College of Nursing is designed to provide opportunities to gain the knowledge of the nursing education specialty area. This program is for nurses who have a master's degree obtained from an ACEN- or CCNE-accredited nursing school.
MSN Nurse Educator
The Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator emphasis is a fully online faith-based graduate nursing program that prepares students for Faculty and/or Nurse Educator roles within the healthcare system.
MSN Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Administration
The Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Administration emphasis is a fully online faith-based graduate nursing program that prepares nurses to perform in roles related to leadership and administrative roles within healthcare settings.
Accreditation and Approval
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs at Charleston Southern University.
CSU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The CSU College of Nursing's BSN and MSN programs have full approval of the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
Rankings and Recognition
US News & World Report (2019)
- #89 (tie) in Regional Universities South
- #25 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #20 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- Safest College Campuses in America #110 of 1,357
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #185 of 725
- Best College Locations in America #682 of 1,553
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #782 of 1,592
- Best Value Colleges in America #1,116 of 1,590
- Safest College Campuses in South Carolina #1 of 28
- Best College Locations in South Carolina #8 of 30
- Most Conservative Colleges in South Carolina #9 of 21
- Most Diverse Colleges in South Carolina #14 of 31
- Best Value Colleges in South Carolina #20 of 31
- Best Value Colleges in Charleston Area #3 of 3
CSU is listed as a Military Friendly school for 2018.
America's 100 Best College Buys and America's Best Christian Colleges named Charleston Southern University as one of its best colleges for online, flexible, relevant, and affordable education opportunities.
Edited by sirI