- NCLEX Pass Rate 91
- Location Nashville, Tennessee
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-BSN, MSN-to-DNP, NP, Accelerated BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Belmont University, established in 1890 and the second largest private, non-profit university in the state, is the largest Christian university in Tennessee.
The School of Nursing was established in 1972. Students are educated in a Christian community focusing on a compassionate approach to nursing.
Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The traditional program is designed for high school graduates that have never attended college.
Admission (not all inclusive)
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- 3.0 Prerequisite GPA
- 22 ACT composite score or 1100 SAT Reading/Math composite score (or 1020 composite reading/math score from an SAT taken prior to March 2016)
Accelerated Second Degree BSN
For students holding a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing, students are provided an opportunity to complete the BSN in 16 months, including summer study.
Admission Criteria (not all inclusive)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- All nursing prerequisites must be complete by the start of the program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in prerequisite courses
RN to BSN
Registered nurses can complete the BSN at Belmont in as little as three semesters depending upon previous coursework.
All nursing courses and some general education courses are offered in Belmont’s RN to BSN program in an online cohort format that can be completed in as little as three semesters.
Admission (not all inclusive)
- RNs with an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing must graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Currently licensed as an RN
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Recommendation forum
- Personal essay
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree is designed to prepare students for advanced practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). MSN classes are all campus-based, with some online content in every course. Classes meet once a week and classes are held 2-3 days each week.
Minimum Admission - Family Nurse Practitioner (not all inclusive)
- BSN from a nationally accredited baccalaureate-granting institution
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all undergraduate coursework
- Current RN license from applicant's state of residence and/or practice
- Tennessee RN license or a license from a state that is in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) is required for clinical experiences in Tennessee
- Graduate Record Examination taken within the last five years
Post-Graduate APRN - FNP
The Post-Graduate APRN program for FNP is an available option for nurses that hold an MSN in a clinical specialty other than FNP. Graduates are eligible to sit for the national Family Nurse Practitioner certification exam.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
The post-bachelor's DNP prepares the BSN RN for advanced practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). The classes are conducted on a full-time 3-year schedule.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (MSN to DNP)
This 2-year program is for MSN-prepared nurse practitioners. Coursework is presented in a hybrid format, combining on-campus intensive weekend experiences approximately 4 times each semester with online course work and interactions.
MSN to DNP Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- MSN in advanced nursing practice, nursing education or nursing administration from a nationally accredited nursing program (CCNE or ACEN)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA preferred
- Candidates who are advanced practice nurses (nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, nurse midwife, clinical nurse specialist) will typically hold current national certification
Doctor of Nursing Practice - Master of Business Administration Dual Degree (DNP-MBA)
The dual degree DNP-MBA is a 3.5-year program for MSN-prepared nurse practitioners. Courses are presented part-time in a year-round format combining evening and summer MBA coursework with the DNP's hybrid delivery.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredited Belmont University.
US News & World Report (2020)
- #6 (tie) in Regional Universities South
- #4 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #37 in Best Value Schools
- #4 in Most Innovative Schools
- #199-252 in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #143-182 in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Princeton Review (2018-2019)
- Best Southeastern
- Green Colleges
- #359 Top Colleges
- #237 in Private Colleges
- #70 in the South
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #80 of 599
- Best College Dorms in America #81 of 1,370
- Best Christian Colleges in America #98 of 356
- Best College Campuses in America #135 of 1,408
- Best College Locations in America #194 of 1,553
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #231 of 1,542
- Top Private Universities in America #338 of 975
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #416 of 725
- Best Colleges in America #545 of 1,647
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #609 of 1,591
- Best Value Colleges in America #966 of 1,590
- Best College Locations in Tennessee #1 of 36
- Best College Dorms in Tennessee #4 of 35
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Tennessee #4 of 35
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Tennessee #4 of 20
- Best College Campuses in Tennessee #6 of 35
- Safest College Campuses in Tennessee #8 of 35
- Best Christian Colleges in Tennessee #8 of 21
- Top Private Universities in Tennessee #11 of 29
- Best Colleges in Tennessee #13 of 38
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Tennessee #17 of 37
- Most Conservative Colleges in Tennessee #21 of 28
- Best Value Colleges in Tennessee #23 of 37
- Most Diverse Colleges in Tennessee #26 of 37
- Best Colleges in Nashville Area #3 of 8
- Best Value Colleges in Nashville Area #5 of 8
Belmont University ranked #690 Best Colleges For Your Money by MONEY Magazine (2018).
College Factual ranked Belmont University #29 Best Colleges for the Money in Tennessee (2018).
Belmont University was recognized among the "50 Most Beautiful Christian Universities in the World" by ChristianUniversitiesOnline.org.
Faith on View named Belmont as one of the Top 25 Christian Colleges students want to attend in 2017.
Edited by sirI