Located in Bellevue, Washington, Bellevue College was founded in 1966 and is a public and primarily associate degree-granting, four-year institution of higher learning.
Associate in Applied Science Transfer Degree in Nursing (AAS)
The program prepares nursing graduates for a beginning level practice in the clinical area of nursing through an Associate in Applied Science Transfer Degree in Nursing. Graduates of the program sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), which provides eligibility to be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in their respective states.
The program is composed of prerequisite and general education classes that are designed to be completed prior to the two years of nursing course work. The program is full-time with lecture classes during the day and clinical hours to be completed in the day and evening hours.
Nursing Skills Lab
During the first year of the program, students learn to do their assessment skills and practice their procedures with the help of lecture and hands on demonstration. The second year of the nursing program will build upon these learned skills and competencies and focus on maternal, pediatric and infant nursing care. In the final quarter of the Nursing program, students build upon their critical thinking skills through scenarios provided by simulation.
Academic Quarter Options
Six Quarter Program
This program is offered in the Fall or Winter quarters with classes and lab times during the day.
Ten Quarter Program
This program is a part time option for those who are interested in becoming RNs, but have other obligations with family and jobs. Classes and labs are offered in the evening and weekends to help accommodate student's life and work balance. Clinical hours may vary depending on clinical availability.
ADN Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Cumulative GPA 3.0
- TEAS Version V test completed within the valid test period and cannot be taken more than 2 times in the same period - minimum 74%
- COMPASS E-Write test must be taken within the valid test period - minimum score of 8
ADN Required Documents
- Conviction/Criminal History Disclosure
- 2015-2016 Immunization Requirements
- TEAS Transcript
- CPR for Healthcare Providers via AHA - infant, child, adult
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
Bellevue College's RN to BSN program is designed for nurses who are in the working field. This program can be done on a full time or part time status. Classes are on campus as well as a hybrid model. Students come to class about one to two days a week.
Overall credits for the program are as follows:
- 90 transfer credits from associate's degree
- 45 NCLEX-RN exam credits
- 30 credits - upper-division nursing courses
- 15-20 elective credits - during BSN program
Applicants to the Bellevue College RN to BSN program must meet the following admission requirements (not all inclusive):
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in Washington state
- Associate degree/diploma in nursing from regionally accredited institution
- At least one year of recent (within the past 3 years) clinical experience
- 35-credits general education courses
- Cumulative GPA at least 2.0 in all college course work
- Minimum 2.0 in each of the required nursing (ADN) courses
Frequently Asked Questions
Accreditation and Approval
Bellevue College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The ADN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the RN-BSN program at Bellevue College.
The Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission approved the ADN program.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (NCQAC) approved the RN-BSN program.
Bellevue College education program ranks #1,579 Education School (out of 2410; top 70%) in the United States and #36 Education School in Washington (BestEducationSchools.com 2019).
- Best College Locations in America #235
- Safest College Campuses in America #358
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #935
- Best College Locations in Washington #12
- Safest College Campuses in Washington #18
- Most Diverse Colleges in Washington #20