- NCLEX Pass Rate 95
- Location Phoenix, Arizona
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, NP, PhD, Accelerated BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Arizona State University is a public institution that was founded in 1885.
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
An accelerated path for those who already have a baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing. After applying and qualifying, the student is placed into a 12-month clinical nursing program.
The traditional BSN program is started in a 16-month all year round or 24-month academic year schedule, after completing prerequisites. This coursework has onsite clinical time.
This degree is offered exclusively online to make it convenient for those who work fulltime and have families.
The nurse who completed an associate degree or diploma is eligible for this program. Nurses residing in Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Washington should be aware that this program does not have approval from those State Boards of Nursing.
Nurses seeking to specialize their nursing skills can do so by advancing their degree to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
Arizona State University offers:
- Care Coordination MS
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Informatics
- Patient Safety and Health Care Quality
- Post-Master’s DNP programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Students must possess an MSN before applying for the DNP program.
The following programs are available:
Advanced Nursing Practice (Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner) DNP - An advanced practice nurse who specializes in the mature, older adult population.
Advanced Nursing Practice (Innovation Leadership) DNP - The nurse who leads through innovative practices.
Advanced Nursing Practice DNP - This DNP is especially for the Master's-prepared nurse seeking a unique challenge
Family Nurse Practitioner - The nurse who achieves a Masters degree and desires to be able to care for individuals of all ages and/or with multi-cultural backgrounds.
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - This program is for the nurse who wants to specialize in mental health.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - At the end of the program, the nurse will be prepared to care for children as a practitioner.
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner - Nurses who like the specialty of Women’s Health can advance their practice with this advanced Degree program.
Nursing & Healthcare Innovation - Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD)
Arizona State University offers classes to complete a PhD in Nursing. At the end of the program, the nurse is prepared to teach. To lead to the completion of the degree, the nurse will conduct research individually or with a group. Hybrid learning as well as on-site is needed to complete this degree.
Hybrid learning is the way the MSN and DNP courses are conducted. Traditional seat face-to-face time is composed of online activities to connect with other learners rather than only taking notes in class, sometimes complementing notes taken in class.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #1 Most Innovative Schools (2016-2019)
- #115 (tie) in National Universities
- #76 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #2 in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- #2 in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #35 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #22 in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Best Big Colleges in America #48
- Top Public Universities in America #50
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #69
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #92
- Best College Campuses in America #136
- Best Colleges in America #161
- Best College Locations in America #183
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #230
- Best Value Colleges in America #377
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #568
- Best Colleges in Arizona #1
- Most Diverse Colleges in Arizona #1
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Arizona #1
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Arizona #1
- Best College Locations in Arizona #1
- Top Public Universities in Arizona #1
- Best Big Colleges in Arizona #1
- Best Value Colleges in Arizona #2
- Most Liberal Colleges in Arizona #3
- Best Colleges in Phoenix Area #1
- #210 Top Colleges
- #66 in Public Colleges
- #109 in Research Universities
- #41 in the West
- #67 America's Best Value Colleges
MONEY Magazine ranked ASU #115 in Best Colleges For Your Money (2018).
ASU is listed in the top 1 percent of the world's most prestigious universities as ranked by Times Higher Education.
ASU ranks No. 5 on the most recent list of top universities favored by employers for producing the best-qualified graduates, according to The Wall Street Journal.
ASU is ranked #11 in the country and #1 in Arizona as a "best for veterans" university according to College Factual.
ASU is a top-ranked "Military Friendly School," earning Gold Medal recognition from G.I. Jobs Magazine in 2018.
Arizona State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs at the Arizona State University Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Edited by sirI