- NCLEX Pass Rate 91
- Location Abilene, Texas
- Programs BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Abilene Christian University (ACU) was founded in 1906. It is a private, nonprofit university affiliated with Churches of Christ and committed to providing a Christian nursing education. ACU's academics are faith-based and differ from many universities.
Abilene Christian University School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The School of Nursing at Abilene Christian University (ACU) is founded in three areas: Compassion, Caring, and Christian. Nurses, as one of the largest group of healthcare workers in the medical community, are in high demand and the graduates of ACU find instantly rewarding careers as Registered Nurses.
ACU's Bachelor of Science in Nursing is for those who are interested in pursuing this fast-paced nursing career incorporating moral and ethical beliefs rooted in Christian values.
ACU provides state-of-the-art classrooms and simulation lab and it provides hands-on training through clinical experiences in and out of the hospital setting.
Freshmen students may begin as Pre-nursing students. After two (2) years of general education courses, the student can then apply for admission into the School of Nursing.
Abilene Christian University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program prepares graduates to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). After successfully passing the examination, the graduate is eligible to apply for state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose Nursing at ACU?
ACU School of Nursing has lifelong values of Christian service and leadership to use throughout the entire nursing career and to use in every nursing experience.
What are some other opportunities available in the BSN program?
- State-of-the-art technology available in classrooms and simulation laboratories
- Clinical experience in acute and critical patient care areas as well as clinical experience in community-based health care settings
- ACU provides the option to travel abroad
- Work alongside faculty on research projects
- Approach learning through evidence-based and problem-based clinical presentations
- Community outreach through education
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Goals
- Graduate Christ-centered students who can obtain Registered Nurse licensure and function independently providing safe, professional patient care.
- Keep the academic standards at or above the standards set by the Texas Board of Nursing, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Train the student to adapt in the fast paced and ever-changing health care system.
- Start a foundation of continuing education for BSN graduates to pursue through certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and graduate education in nursing.
- Begin the stages of assessing, identifying and developing plans to address local and global health care and spiritual needs.
- Collaborate with University Development and Advancement committees to continue to support and enhance the nursing program.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Abilene Christian University's School of Nursing.
Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #21 (tie) in Regional Universities West
- #13 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #10 in Best Value Schools
- #4 (tie) in Most Innovative Schools
- Best Christian Colleges in America #83 of 356
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #116 of 725
- Top Private Universities in America #290 of 975
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #298 of 1,591
- Best College Dorms in America #372 of 1,370
- Best Colleges in America #462 of 1,647
- Best College Campuses in America #594 of 1,408
- Safest College Campuses in America #627 of 1,357
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #845 of 1,542
- Best Value Colleges in America #894 of 1,590
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #949 of 1,592
- Best Christian Colleges in Texas #8 of 26
- Most Conservative Colleges in Texas #13 of 47
- Top Private Universities in Texas #14 of 46
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Texas #15 of 78
- Best Colleges in Texas #21 of 81
- Best College Dorms in Texas #23 of 66
- Safest College Campuses in Texas #37 of 77
- Best Value Colleges in Texas #40 of 77
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Texas #41 of 70
- Best College Campuses in Texas #41 of 68
- Most Diverse Colleges in Texas #50 of 81
- #463 Top Colleges
- #305 in Private Colleges
- #95 in the South
College Factual (2018-2019)
- #42 Best Colleges for the Money in Texas
- #505 Overall Best Colleges for the Money nationally
Edited by sirI