Red River College to CA LICENSURE



I went to Red River college in Winnipeg, Canada to get my BSN and subsequently got my RN for the Manitoba Board. I am coming to California to live with my husband and noticed that the California Board requires Microbiology with a lab component. At Red River College, I took microbiology but it did not have a lab component. This is because the course there didn't have a lab component. Will this be a problem for me to register with the California board?

Double-Helix, BSN, RN

1 Article; 3,377 Posts

Specializes in PICU, Sedation/Radiology, PACU. Has 12 years experience.

Only the California BON can accurately answer this question. However, since you are foreign-educated and already received a degree and a license, I expect it may not be as big of an issue than if a California-educated student were applying for licensure for the first time.