Question about R.n license

  1. I'm currently going to school here in Midland Texas I'm wanting to move back to Colorado once I get my license, is it going to be hard to transfer my license to another state?
  2. Visit ash16ley profile page

    About ash16ley

    Joined: Dec '12; Posts: 2


  3. by   Jolie
    There is no such thing as transfering a license from one state to another.

    Once you become licensed in any state in the U.S., you are eligible for a process called endorsement, which allows you to apply for a license in another state without having to re-take NCLEX.

    You contact the BON of the new state, obtain an application for Licensure by Endorsement, complete the application, submit supporting documents such as school transcripts, verification of licensure (either by the NURSYS service or the BON in the state where you are licensed), CEU's and continuing practice, if required, and pay your fees. If your original license is in good standing, you will be eligible for licensure in your new state.

    You need to familiarize yourself with the nursing licensure compact to determine whether you want or are eligible for compact privileges, and whether you wish to maintain more than one license at a time. Unless you are told otherwise, your original license will remain in effect until you place it inactive, allow it to lapse (which I strongly discourage), or renew it.

    With all that said, regardless of where you attend school, you can apply for your initial license in any state you choose, so none of this may be necessary.
  4. by   ash16ley
    Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it!!!