I am a nursing student in my last semester of school, and I have an assignment to have an interview with my nurse manager of my floor. However, she is and has been on vacation for the last couple of weeks and my assigment is due Wed, March 14th. Is there anyone that will be willing to answer 10-12 questions?
These are the questions, and thank you in advance to whoever participates!
1. How long have you been a Nurse Manager and what changes have you seen in nursing over the past five years?
2. How long have you been the Nurse Manager of the unit you are at now and wha other units have you managed?
3.What are the major challenges that you face in your rold today as a Nurse Manager?
4. Looking back on your own nursing career, what lessons have you learned that have helped bring you to where you are today?
5. When you interbiew new graduates for your unit, what knowledge, skills, and abilities do you look for in that person?
6. In your opinion, what tupe of orientation do new nursing graduates need today?
7. Do you have ay reservations about hiring new graduates for your unit? If yes, what are they?
8. What advice would you offer to new graduates about how to make a successful transition during their first year of emplyment in today's healthcare environment?
9. In your opinion, what changes if any, will the Nursing Profession need to make to adapt to the Nursing Shortage?
10. What recommendations or advice regarding career planning would you give to me if I were interested in becoming a nurse leader in the future?
11. How do you feel about the idea of having high school nursing volunteers helping at your unit?
12. If there is anything else you would like to add, please feel free to do so.
Last edit by joswald on Mar 12, '07
: Reason: misspelled word