Hi, I just got my acceptance email this morning. Good start to the weekend. Here's what it said:
The Accelerated BSN (ABSN) option admissions committee has recommended you as a candidate for admission to the ABSN option at Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) for the spring 2015 term. This recommendation is contingent upon:
- Submitting a complete application packet to the WSSU Office of Admissions on or before
November 1, 2014
- Meeting all requirements for admission to WSSU
- Completing a favorable criminal background check and drug screening
Failure to comply with and/or not meet these requirements will disqualify you as a candidate for admission to WSSU and the ABSN option.
We realize that as you embark on your new academic pursuit, you may have several questions. We have provided additional information to help you plan your journey with us. Please read and review all forms in the enclosed packet. All forms must be completed and returned by (11/1/14)
in order to maintain your space in the January 2014 class. (See enclosed Accelerated Acceptance Checklist)
Orientation to the Accelerated BSN Option will be held on December 29th & 30th, 2014
in room 102 of the F.L. Atkins building on the university's campus. The orientation is from 9am to 5pm. The session will start promptly at 9am. It is imperative that you are seated at 9am.
If you were accepted to the university for a term prior to Spring 2015 but did not enroll, you must reapply for the spring 2015 term.
We look forward to meeting you on December 29, 2014
for orientation. Classes will begin Tuesday, January 6, 2015. If you have any questions, please contact our Office of Student Affairs at (336) 750-2560.
Dr. Cecil Holland, RN, BSN, APRN, MSN, MEd, EdD, PhD
Associate Professor of Nursing
Assistant Dean for Admission, Student Affairs & Program Effectiveness
Accelerated Acceptance Checklist
Please review the list of requested forms & important documents that must be submitted by the listed dates to maintain your space in the January 2015 Accelerated class
- Accelerated Verification of Acceptance (Due by 11/1/14)
- Physical Exam/Immunization Forms - (Due by 11/14/14) Please read instructions carefully
- Mandatory Criminal Background Check & Drug Screening (due by 11/14/14) (Information)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholarship Application -Please read criteria & submit by the due date indicated on application. Only a limited number of scholarships are available (due by 11/14/2014)
- Mandatory Orientation Schedule - All students accepted in the accelerated option are required to attend the 2-day orientation. If you are unable to attend, you will forfeit your space in the Accelerated Option.
- Nursing Scholarship Programs and funding opportunities - http://www.wssu.edu/school-health-sc...te-option.aspx
- Accelerated Plan of Study - http://www.wssu.edu/school-health-sc...n-of-study.pdf