Jump to content

Maricopa CC nursing pathways

Posted
amnavar2 amnavar2 (New) New

I am in a bit of a pickle. To start, I am an ASU Kin graduate and have all my pre-reqs and co-reqs completed. I applied last year for the CEP program and long story short my advisor dropped the ball and I did not get placed like she had predicted. I decided to reapply last month for CEP and my Maricopa application was still valid, so I have been on the waitlist this entire time. I just received an email stating I have been placed in the fall 2017 cohort, but I was confused as I was supposed to start ASU in the fall and Maricopa in the spring if I got placed in CEP, so I called and they said they don't have a CEP app on file for me, my placement is only for the traditional program, and that my options would be to either deny my placement offer for this fall and "hope" I get placed with CEP or accept my offer and apply to start my BSN in block 3. I do not know what to do and need some advice as to if it would really make a difference doing the CEP or starting my ADN now and starting my BSN in third block . I should add my advisor said I have a very good application and I should get placed with CEP this summer, but she hasn't had a very good track record with her word.