Published Jul 10, 2009
I got accepted into a nursing program. My school will begin in September. I would like some advice on what I will be expecting in Nursing school?
Well, I'm pretty sure I can help you here! I go to Nursing School in Texas and I am starting my senior year, so I know exactly where you are and what you're getting into :)
First of all, know that it's doable! It may seem overwhelming, but you can do it. Half the battle of nursing school to me was figuring out how to survive. Once you've figured out your patterns, the rest is not so bad.
Just some tips:
1. Buy your books. Some people will tell you not to waste your money, but buy them. These classes require a level of devotion that you probably have not encountered before, and you will need the books to study.
2. Get organized if you aren't already.
3. Buy all your supplies before the rush.
4. Get a planner and actually use it :)
5. Realize that you may not have the amount of free time you used to - you may have to cut back on work hours or social events to study for exams.
6. Clinicals are hard - PREPARE for them and sleep the night before.
7. Make friends with older students in your program. They can help you like you wouldn't believe.
8. Check out what kinds of assistance your nursing school offers (i.e. tutoring, group mentoring, etc).
9. Get into a routine for studying, don't wait until the night before the exam to study. In fact, realize that they way you studied before nursing school may not work in nursing school. Nursing is a whole different animal and sometimes you have to adjust your whole study routine to make it work.
10. Relax! You're going to have the best ride of your life!
I got accepted into a nursing program. My school will begin in September. I would like some advice on what I will be expecting in Nursing school? Thanks:D:D
Assignments! and lectures. Make good notes in class, anything not clear you can ask the teacher after class or during the class. Do not be shy to ask questions.....you are better off asking and knowing , than not!
In clinical , the same thing thing ......ask. Best advice .........know your stuff and this will decrease your anxiety ! good luck and have fun also ! some of the funniest things that happened to me was when I was in nsg school. See if you can pick some good people to do an occasional group study.(group study only helps when you already did your own study ---then pick other people's brains.......hence the group study !
By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X