Stethoscope Search----Big Bell

  1. :Melody:

    About 5 years ago I picked up an interesting sethoscope.
    The retailer called it a Big Bell and in fact it has a bell about the size of a demi cup... for lack of a better discription.

    The ear pc fell off mine and I layed it down at work.... or I left it in the car or its hiding in my disaster of an apt..... I DON"T KNOW!

    But I can't find the dang thing ANYWHERE. I want another one. Just Like it.
    It doesn't have to be purple. It retailed then for around $32. I thot it was a lot but I loved the dang thing.

    Did a Google search twice this week for at least an hour..... Maybe they were a failure... .who knows....Worked great for me....
    Anyone have any ideas??? Have a serviceable one you didn't like? See one at your local fav shop???? I really really want another. Sigh.....

    While I am on the subject... anyone know about these high priced ($80) Ultrascopes???? are we just paying for the design? or are they anygood??
    If I can't find the one I want they could be my second choice.

    --leslie who had to throw in a little whine

  2. Visit RNonRun profile page

    About RNonRun

    Joined: Mar '03; Posts: 32; Likes: 1
    Corrctions staff RN


  3. by   DR2004RN
    I have never heard of the brand of stethescope you are referring to, but I think that the Sprague stethescopes have a large bell on them. Around here in Ohio, they sell for about 15 dollars. You can check them out at Jasco uniform's website at

    By the way, what is a demi cup?
  4. by   RNonRun
    By the way, what is a demi cup?[/QUOTE]

    Okay....I can see the discription is lacking..... The tubing is single.... not terribly flimsy but not as stout as a Littman.... longer though.

    A demi cup... hmmm a small espresso cup??

    Its about 2 inches or so across and a good inch plus high. I mean a BIG bell.