Unifying Supportive Healthcare Members....

Nurses General Nursing

Published

After reading the many posts regarding the frustration with working conditions in which Nurses are fighting amongst themselves, doc, etc. regarding respect issues. It occurred to me that complaining is the only thing being done.

With so many people who seem to agree that SOMETHING needs to be done to bring RESPECT back into the workplace and no concensus about what that something is. What is the point of bringing up the lack of respect issues if no attempts to change are made?

How about about a beginning...... something small that can unify those who want to make some changes. We all know what the pink ribbon for CA awareness looks like right???

Why not create something that makes the visual statement that you believe in a Respectful Supportive Team Healthcare Environment.

Pick a specific color ribbon (teal??) , or some icon (other than ribbon) that can be easily identified.... anything is better than nothing. Sometimes it takes just a few people to unite for there to be positive changes.

What do you think????? Any ideas????? It could be a first step????

I know many will read this and say "what will that do.... it's not that simple... and how is a stupid ribbon ( or whatever) going to do anything".....

My humble opinion is that unless nurses decide on at least one issue and act, then they really shouldn't keep on complaining. Administration certainly isn't reacting to your concerns, so you are on your own. Find some way to bond together...... you all agree on wanting Respect.... find a way to show it.

Hugs!

MaryRose

Specializes in Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Home Health.

How about a teddy bear pin dressed in scrubs? I an sooooo tired of seeing ribbons and trying to figure out what it stands for.

I like the idea of at least TRYING to do something.

Thanks for your suggestion!

In His Grace,

Karen

Failure is NOT an option!!

What a great idea!!!!! I believe in a "Respectful Supportive Team Healthcare Environment". Count me in. Teddy bear idea sounds good, another suggestion is to attach the teddy bear to a ribbon, to make it stand out and arouse curiosity in our colleagues. Or how about any of these:

collaboration.gifTeamwork%204.jpgImage60.png

For everyone who wants to be a part of this , we have pins to go to work with and for this site, we can change our avatars or something like that! Ideas????? Thoughts????

What a great idea!!!!! I believe in a "Respectful Supportive Team Healthcare Environment". Count me in. Teddy bear idea sounds good, another suggestion is to attach the teddy bear to a ribbon, to make it stand out and arouse curiosity in our colleagues. Or how about any of these:

collaboration.gifTeamwork%204.jpgImage60.png

These are wonderful!!!! I like the 2nd one best with the smiles and thumbs up.

It looks like a winning healthcare team to me.:) :)

Hugs!

MaryRose

For everyone who wants to be a part of this , we have pins to go to work with and for this site, we can change our avatars or something like that! Ideas????? Thoughts????

I like it!!

I like the 2nd pic posted.... with the thumbs up. If someone wants to shrink it down to the the correct avatar size, I will gladly support the cause with my avatar change. I can't quite figure out the picture program thing on this laptop or I'd do it myself! :rolleyes:

Hugs!

MaryRose

Specializes in Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Home Health.

Instead of a teddy bear, how about a swan?

Look at this swan. I think it is beautiful!

http://www.stockpins.com/swan-lapel-pin.html

In His Grace,

Karen

In His Grace,

Karen

The swan is beautiful! ( I am very partial to birds.... :) )

I do have to say that I like the pic of the "team" tho.... anything like that available? I think it would be more unifying for both men and women in healthcare.

What do you all think everyone??

Hugs!

MaryRose

Karen: I think that swan is so pretty!!!!!! That's a great idea. Let's gather as many ideas so then we can take a vote or something. The swan is beautiful!

In His Grace,

Karen

Hmmmm..... less replys than I ever would have imagined.

Yes, can't believe that more of us didn't respond to this thread....hmmmm, makes you think doesn't it?

Anyhow, for those of us who did, GREAT! I will try to shrink picture to avatar size and repost!:)

Yes, can't believe that more of us didn't respond to this thread....hmmmm, makes you think doesn't it?

Anyhow, for those of us who did, GREAT! I will try to shrink picture to avatar size and repost!:)

Thanks..... I'd like to have the pic avatar size.

Hugs!

MaryRose

+ Add a Comment