New grad. LVN can't get a job :(

Nurses LPN/LVN

Published

I'm a new grad. LVN and I can't get a job!!!...It's been almost a month now and I haven't found a job yet that's going to give me the chance to start off my career! :( I am giving up and so frustrated with all these interviews and applying in person thing and getting nothing off of it. I live in Southern California and I thought nurses were in demand, but I guess I'm wrong! I applied at about over 20 places already and nothing till this day...:cry: Should I turn to something else or go back to Customer Service ? I need a job!!! :crying2:

Specializes in Geriatrics, pediatrics.

I had the same problem.

I graduated in June, Passed NCLEX in July.

I went to a job fair, sent out about 45 resumes, applied to about 40 jobs on-line (careerbuilder.com is a great search site), I tried cold-calling a few places, and I had about 5 interviews.

After 10 weeks of looking, I was finally successful in getting hired when I expanded my area of travel to 45 minutes, and was less picky about hours. I actually got 2 job offers in a week, and I took a 2nd shift job at a LTC. I'm still orienting but I'm making good money and happy to be finally putting my education to good use.

I think places would rather hire an experienced LPN than having a new grad, for obvious reasons so it's hard to get your foot in the door.

Persistence pays off. If there's a facility nearby that you're hoping to get into, maybe you could work as a CNA until a job opens up?

Keep trying, and good luck!

Can anyone help me! I passed my boards in October and STILL have not found a job!! I feel like ive tried everything!! I live in Lancaster CA...it seems that it is somewhat difficult getting a job in this state. Any advice?? How can I get my resume stand out amoungst the other hundreds of new grads going for the same position!! Im getting extremely discouraged!! :(

+ Add a Comment